“Cute and very comfortable bed!”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Chandler, Arizona
“Cute and very comfortable bed!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Cute,cute,cute! Location is ideal!
Sweet room with a mini-fridge and a microwave. I could have stayed longer. Simple breakfast (add some boiled eggs please) and wi-Fi included. Lovely patio area outside to eat. The bed and pillows were the best that I have found on my trip so far! Ask for a room away from the stairs.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Faithtraveler3,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you found our beds to be comfortable and enjoyed our Continental Breakfast as well. We hope that you stay with us again when you're ready for another getaway!

Thomas
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2014

second time staying there in 10 years, first time it was ok this time we had really nice room,218. no ocean view but really quiet and romantic. breakfast was realy good,bagels,toast yogurts ,oatmeal,cereals,milk,juices, and i ate them all LOL.

Room Tip: MIDDLE 3rd floor great views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly B
Dear Kimberly,

Thanks for your positive review. We are so happy to hear that you decided to stay with us again and found our rooms to be quiet and romantic. We work hard to ensure our breakfast is fresh and it's great to hear that you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again soon.

Thomas
Windsor, California
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having seen it many times, we decided to give the Lovers Point Inn a try on our recent visit to the Monterey area. Having read many of the reviews, I was hesitant but...what the heck, right? The Inn has tried to make upgrades to the rooms and have somewhat succeeded in the cosmetic sense and colors are restful and well chosen. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean (although it did take time to have it serviced). I would agree with other reviewers about the noise, however, and the outdated fixtures. Certainly, it is in a great location. We walked the shoreline, walked down to Cannery Row, and walked in to breakfast in Pacific Grove. It doesn't hurt my opinion that we had incredibly great weather!! I had the recurring thought, though, that for the price we paid, I would rather have spent the extra $20-25 night for a most upscale experience. Don't know that we'll try it again, but maybe!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear katyscat,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, that means a lot to us. We are working hard on ensuring the best guest experience and are constantly making upgrades to our rooms as well. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Loved our stay at the Lovers Point Inn. Very clean and quiet space. Not fancy, but everything we could want. Loved the path down by the water. (The steps into the office and up into the breakfast room and into even the lower level rooms could be a little difficult for some people to navigate if they are older or using aids for walking.) There is an elevator to 2nd and 3rd floor.

Room Tip: We had a room down at the end of the hall away from the office and on the 3rd floor and it was very...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SCUParent,

Thanks for your positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, found our rooms to be clean, and had a nice walk on the recreational trail! We hope to see you again soon.

Madera, California
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I have a bad experience booking a hotel in an unfamiliar area but was so satisfied with this little inn. I had my kids and my husband with me on out stay and I loved it! It was across the street from Lover's Point and Lover's Point beach. Perfect small area for families not looking for the state beach scene. I didn't know what to expect since the Lobby set up is small and different. I had booked on Orbitz a better deal than the hotel itself was offering and it included "oceanview" When checking it that was not specified via Orbitz but I wasn't bothered I wasn't going to sit in my room anyway. We stayed in room 315, third floor and it was ocean view to me. There might be Borg's motel in front but all ocean from the sides and front. I thought it was amazing. It was ocean view enough for me. I walked in to our room and it was very clean and with very roomie. We had two queens and room for my boys to play. Large vanity sink area, table, biggest refrigerator ever, and the bathroom was a bit small but sufficient.Shower was hot and we didn't need the heater so not sure if it worked. Its only a mile walk on a beautiful stretch of the ocean view to the aquarium. I walked with my 3 yr old twins, 8 yr son and my husband. They made it back and forth. So the walk is doable for any family. We ate at First Awakenings prior to aquarium so nice way to end our walk. I really, really liked this inn and will stay here again. My only complaint would be it was dusty. The coffee maker, etc. I think it has alot to do with the nice weather and windows open. Other than that I loved it! Pacific Grove is a beautiful area and this inn is a nice and good value find.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear kimmirae,

Thanks for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We take guest feedback seriously and your review lets us know we're doing a great job. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

California
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The first thing my husband said when we walked into the room was "you've gotta really love each other to stay in these rooms!" My husband and I and our two children stayed for two nights. Definitely not very kid friendly as there is hardly any space in the double queen rooms. About 18 inches space between the foots of the beds to walk through. Breakfast is nothing special but filled out tummies. Favorite part was it being within walking distance to the aquarium and Cannery Row on a nice walking path. Just an average motel...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mandi12344
Dear mandi12344,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, however, I regret to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. If you give us another try in the future, I would love to recommend our Third Floor King Suite with a pullout sleeper sofa, perfect for families. Thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn.

Atwater, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It's not the Ritz but then I wasn't looking for the Ritz. WhAt it is is very clean comfortable and the best place to stay in the area. The views great and you can walk uptown to explore or walk to Cannery row via a beautiful path along the ocean. Lovers point park is across the street with a nice small beach great for kids and looking for shells.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Monterey Peninsula Inn
Monterey Peninsula Inn
#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!