“Wonderful Location, would return in a heartbeat!”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Bay Area, Ca
“Wonderful Location, would return in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed July 1, 2008

When traveling to the Monterey area to visit friends with my daughter we came across the Lovers Point Inn. The location was fantastic, right across the street from a very romantic park (we saw several weddings there during our stay) and a wonderful walking trail that leads to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Immediately upon entering the office I felt a warm sense of welcome from the person at the desk, she was very friendly, and helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations and was a wealth of information on things to do. The room was clean and cozy, and my daughter and I were both able to enjoy a fantastic nights sleep! My back hurts on a regular basis, and I found the mattress to be quite comfortable, despite what some previous reviews have said. The building is not the prettiest place in the area, but it is apparent that they are currently doing some construction, and when the building is painted, it will be beautiful! For the price and the location it can not be beat! Next time I plan a trip to the area, I will definitely stay at the Lovers Point Inn!

• Liked — LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
  • Stayed June 2008
1 Thank mrsbump925

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I took this hotel based on the low rate and the idea of a view of Monterey Bay and access to the walking path. The view was okay but I wished I had taken a different hotel. The hotel is old and probably the ugliest one in Pacific Grove/Monterey. It stands all pink right behind Borg's Motel, which actually seemed to have 3 times the customers. We took the third floor to get the view, but it was mostly water and birds. The room was very small. One queen off one wall and one off the other wall facing each other. The tv was older, on a cheap table top circa 1975. The chair in the corner was one I immediately put belongings on so no one would sit on it. It was circa 1981 or possibly earlier. A lamp hanging on a chain above the chair was 70's for sure. The bathroom was incredibly tight. This would not accomodate a heavier person. The bathroom was roughly 4 feet wide by 41/2 feet long. Very little elbow room. There was a sink in a counter outside the bathroom. A small fridge next to the one bed that froze everything in it. The mattresses were weak and thin. It would be a good hotel to film a cheap B horror film at. We wondered if it was haunted the motel was so empty.
If I were to go to Monterey when it is super crowded and there were few accomodations available, or if you really need a low priced place, then I would stay there. Otherwise, I would find something else. The Cannery Row area seemed ideal, but I'm sure it costs a lot more. Some of the Hotels on the main drag through town did not look that much better. Overall the peninsula is not that big, so it isn't going to take that long to get to one place or the other. The rest of Pacific Grove was so nice and quaint, I'm surprised they haven't taken a wrecking ball to it.

• Disliked — old and small
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
cvjade, management at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2008
I apologize if you experienced any problems during your stay, however if you are displeased with any lodging establishment it is always recommended to contact a hotel representative immediately. As a older motel which I am sure you noticed from the scaffolding is undergoing renovations, we try our best to accommodate each guest to your liking and if we cannot, then to offer you other options. Good luck in your future travels!
Marina, Ca
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I stayed at the Lovers Point Inn for a few days in May. It was a perfect location, right across the street from Lovers Point and just over a mile from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I felt extremely welcomed by the staff and found them extremely helpful. The room was clean, and was just enough space for me and my boyfriend. I stayed while moving, and I felt that this was an extremely desirerable option while I was inbetween apartments. It definately is a motel, but I felt that it served its purpose as a place to sleep. If I wanted something extravagant, I would stay somewhere extravagant, with extavagant prices.

• Liked — The Price and location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank christmasbaby1985
Prunetucky, Cal.
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Lovers point Inn was is A great place to lodge! Great value for the buck! Jade is very friendly and very pleasant to deal with. There was A wonderful gentleman named Seth who was very helpful as well. We will stay again and recomend it to all of our friends! Jade and Seth, please keep up the good work, it is appreciated!!!!

Sacramento
Reviewed August 8, 2007

Cute room. Nice view. The bed however was one of the worst beds I have slept on in my life. It felt like a solid wood plank on VERY LOUD RUSTY springs. You could not breathe too hard or SQUUUEEEEAKKK! We knew people in another room and they seemed to have a similar bed!

• Liked — Nice View Reasonable Price
  • Disliked — THE BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank whoneedsascreenname
cvjade, management at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2007
Apologies, of course, for any issues you had with your stay. For future reference, if you ever have a problem at ANY lodging establishment we reccommend your notifying management so we do our best rectify the situation. Finding out about a problem days after your stay, we were not able to do anything to help you to better enjoy your time with us, which is what we would have tried our best to do. Again, our apologies.
San Diego, Ca
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband and I have just come back from our annual trip to the Monterey area, where we once again stayed at the Lover’s Point Inn. Although the Inn is older, the rooms are clean, the Inn keepers are very friendly and more than helpful, and the Inn is close to downtown Pacific Grove with its wonderful restaurants and quaint shops. The top floor rooms have nice views of the spectacular Monterey coastline and the Inn is across the street from a beautiful park and beach with tide pools and a walking/biking path to Asilomar, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Fisherman’s Wharf. We look forward to our time at the Lover’s Point Inn every year, where we enjoy long walks, ocean breezes, and meals at our favorite restaurants. This year, we were joined by two other couples, and we all have reservations to go back next year!

• Liked — location, inn keepers, clean rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank danica42
Nashville
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My wife and I along with two other couples stayed @ The Lover's Point Inn for four nights during July 2007. We really enjoyed the property, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
The view of the ocean and Lover's Point Park across the street is just beautiful. We will stay here again upon our return to the area !!!!

• Liked — Friendly Staff, View, Location
  • Disliked — No in room internet connection,
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Monterey Peninsula Inn
Monterey Peninsula Inn
#4 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!