“A fun, fun birthday weekend”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
California
“A fun, fun birthday weekend”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed on a late October weekend for his birthday. We couldn't have been more pleased. We were a little surprised at the 4:00 check-in, but had no trouble finding something to do while we waited. This is an older hotel but one of the cleanest we've ever stayed in. We had the 3rd floor suite which was roomy and comfortable. The sitting room had a large tv and comfy couch and was bright and cheery. The bedroom also had a good sized tv, couch, and a great bed with lots of poofy pillows. The dressing area was large with two sinks and plenty of counter space as well as closet space for hanging clothes. While the bathroom itself was tiny, it was very clean and I absolutely loved the shower! Sindy at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and made sure everything was to our liking. This hotel is in a great location with a beautiful ocean park a few steps away. Pacific Grove, Monterey and Carmel are such fun places to visit with lots to see and do. We found some great places to eat and speaking of eating, the hotel breakfast was very good with delicious coffee. We're lucky enough to live only a few hours away so staying at this hotel again is definitely in our plans. Thank you, Diamond and Sindy and all of the staff for making Ken's birthday special and our stay a great one. We'll see you again... and that's a promise!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor suite is roomy and has a good view of the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liberty B
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We would all like to thank you for writing us such a wonderful review about your "fun fun birthday weekend." It is our pleasure to make you feel welcome and satisfied with your accommodations. We make it our priority to make our guests feel as if they are right at home when they stay with us, and by the sounds of your review, we made you feel just that. It warms my heart to know that we made your birthday weekend, a special one. Now, you say you promise to come back, will I am here, waiting to hear from you to to personally take care of your reservation. Thank you so much for writing us this review, it means so much to us. Happy Holidays to you! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
San Ramon, CA
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed over Saturday night 11/24. Nice hotel, GREAT value for the money, clean, quiet, and how can you beat the view? The hospitality is second to none; we needed to check-out at 5:30 in the a.m. to be at the dive boat on Sunday. We inquired at the front desk and were told no one is there at that ungodly hour, but, all we had to do was leave the curtains open for housekeeping to see we had left. But even better, the hostess (and I assume owner?) offered us up their "continental" style breakfast to be sure we had something to eat before all that activity. Would I stay there again... you bet. I definitely give this place two fins up!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve S
Steve S: To know that you gave our inn "2 fins up," well that just makes us all proud that we know how to be hospitable fo our guests. That is the reason we are all in this business. Thank you so much for letting us and other travelers know that you were treated so well, you enjoyed our inn, and that you will be back for sure. Please give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Happy Holidays! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Calgary
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked on expedia and when we arrived at the hotel there was no room at the inn. They told us the expedia reservation had come in after they were fully booked. We were told that there was a half marathon that day and most of the hotels were all booked but they managed to get us a room at the hotel next door. It had a slightly better location for the ocean view but was not quite up to the standard we were expecting. Given that the Manager did her utmost to make the situation the best she could for us including inviting us to their breakfast which was quite adequate. We were more than happy with the result. The walk from that location to the aquarium is great and we saw a lot of animal life on the way including many sea otters. As a result I gave them 4 stars. I deducted one since I did not actually see the rooms at the hotel so can't comment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank buisonkoss
buisonkoss: I appreciate so much that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write this review for Lovers Point Inn. I'm so pleased to hear that even though there was a mix up with your reservation, and I had to find a different accommodations for you and your family, you were satisfied with the end result. I remember speaking with you in person, and I just wanted you and your family to have a decent place to stay, not far from our inn, so that you all could take advantage of our beautiful scenery. I'm glad I was able to personally assist you through the mixup, and made the transaction just a little bit smoother. Thank you again for your kindness and your patience, and again for taking the time to write us this wonderful review. If ever you come back to Pacific Grove, please call me directly so that I may personally take care of your reservation needs. Many thanks, Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Fontana, California
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Lovers Point Inn, and it was the best experience I ever had. From the moment I checked in with (Diane) The lovely "turkey tree" is to die for! I travel alone, so carrying so much to my room is quite a struggle. I stayed for 3 full days (Monterey Visitors Website say 3 nights for the price of 1) (Herman) helped me transfer my luggage from the car, up to my room. The afternoon pie, hot chocolate and tea provided was a warm touch, I was able to talk with (Jason) and he recommended a wonderful restaurant (Joe Rombi's) a nice walk only a few blocks up from the hotel. I was put in room 311 and the view is fantastic! I peaked through the surrounding rooms, and it seems that the room was given to me was just renovated? I'm greatful for that, because I am a light sleepr and I had the best sleep ever! The bed is so comfortable, I melted in it. The new closet is spacious (i was here for 3 days so lots of clothes) the fan had a nice touch, the flat screen tv was perfect in size (I enjoyed watching the tube after a long adventerous day exploring Pacific Grove and Monterey). The power went out for just a few minutes because of the weather, so I dialed the front desk and (Cathy) instructed me to keep the flashlight provided in the room near by...just in case. But, everything was fine and no more power outages. The breakfast in the morning is perfect. It's not a full breakfast, but it's enough to get you full and get your day started. I tell you, i was treated so well, I will be sure to come back time and time again. The price is excellent for the the room, and the outstanding service you get! Thanks to the staff and location of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank C
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Frank C: Thank you so much for this wonderful review you titled "Outstanding Service." It reassures us that we are performing to the best of our abilities. Yes, you are correct, room 311 is one of our newly remodeled rooms, I'm so happy you were able to enjoy. It is our job to make you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay with us. So glad to hear we met your expectations. If you are in need for more adventure in Pacific Grove, I hope you make Lovers Point Inn your vacation destination. Please give me a call, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you again for taking the time for writing us this wonderful review. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manger.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We were happy to return to such a pleasant establishment at such a spectacular location. The room was perfect, comfortable and inviting with all the necessities: flat screen, upgraded bedding, iron and ironing board . The breakfast was perfect to start the day: hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit and an assortment of breads/pastries. They had an unique thanksgiving tree in the lobby and some sweet treats in the afternoon. To top it off the service is superior. What more could a customer ask for.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank sandy c
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Sandy C: Wow, it is wonderful that you took to time to write us this review titled "Happy to be back." It gives us such pleasure to know that you enjoyed every part of your stay again. You know that as a return guest, you can give me a call directly, I will take care of your reservation needs! As we continue to grow, we put forth all efforts in upgrading, remodeling and adding, so when you are ready to come back to Lovers Point Inn, call me, I will be sure to put you into one of our newly remodeled rooms! Thank you for noticing, and thank you for taking the time. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Brilliant location. Slightly dis organized reception at times .Rooms large ,with micro wave and coffee pot,but slightly dated . Plenty of choice for breakfast which was appreciated since it was a car ride to find anything to eat .Ate outside ,which added to the atmosphere. Rather expensive but understand this is an expensive area .Able to walk into the town which was valuable since parking was not easy .

Room Tip: Remember you can not check in until 4 pm.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thepipefishfans
thepipefishfans: I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this review. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views our inn has to offer. We work very hard to keep our rates competitive with our surrounding hotels and inns. Our location is very beautiful (directly accross from Lovers Point Beach) and we do have amazing ocean views from our rooms. Our third floor rooms have the best views. We are still remodeling and upgrading our rooms. We have installed in some of our rooms: Cape Cod style shutters, fans, closets, coffee makers, new lighting and more. If you come back to Pacific Grove, please give me a call and I will personally put you into one of those newly remodeled rooms. Again, thank you so much for taking the time. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Sacramento
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If we had paid $99 or less, I would up the rating to a four-BUT-we paid way more than that to be on the second floor. I do my ratings based on what you get for what you pay...
Positives: Location-Just walk over to the point and along the ocean on the pathway. Beautiful! Room was large with two queen beds and very clean. It had a microwave, small refrigerator, 2 cup coffee maker and small flat screen TV mounted on a corner wall. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of fruits, cereals, and typical pastry.
Negatives: Room is dated in its decor. The walls are thin( it is an old hotel) so we could hear the kids in the next room playing. The balcony-is not a balcony. It is the walkway people need to use to get into their rooms. So- as they go by your room, because the walls are thin, you hear them. AND--they are not really wide enough (because you can block the walkway) to sit your chair out and enjoy the beautiful view. The continental breakfast doesn't happen till 8:00 A.M.! This is the first hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at that starts so late...Even 7:30 A.M. would be more reasonable. There were other guests down waiting as we were. For us it was about a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit while sitting outside at their little tables.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, pick the third floor. First floor doesn't have a good view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NMarkley
LoversPointInn, Owner at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Markley,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. As a small family owned business we value the feedback we receive from our valuable guests. It helps us to improve our product so that we may better satisfy you, our customer. You will be happy to know that the hotel has just undertaken a renovation project. We are upgrading a number of the in-room amenities including adding better lighting and a ceiling fan, improved closets and bedding. We do offer balcony rooms, and although you did not book that room type, our some of our second and third floor rooms do offer ocean views, which you did take advantage of. Per your suggestion, we are examining the possibility of offering our continental breakfast earlier to better accomodate our guests. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Diamond Hunter
#1 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Monterey Peninsula Inn
Monterey Peninsula Inn
#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!