“A quiet hotel with ocean views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Kenton, Ohio
“A quiet hotel with ocean views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Cozy room but adequate and clean Ocean view from bed. Steps away from park in which to watch sunrise. Hotel is about a mile from cannery row and touristy areas, but this is a beautiful walk along the ocean and away from the hustle and bustle crowds brings. Can see the harbor seals and otters from the shore Good value for someone looking for quiet, ocean side hotel.

2 Thank Kenton80
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
We appreciat the time you took to let other travelers know about our quiet hotel with ocean views. We are conveniently located one mile south from the Monterey Bay Aquarium and across the street from Lovers Point Beach. This allows our guests to enjoy their vacation and feel peace and tranquility (away from the actual tourist area). Aren't those Harbor Seals and Sea Otters so adorable? I am so glad you got the opportunity to experince our hotel in such a positive way. If you plan to visit Pacific Grove in the future, please give me a call directly, i will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Sindy exceededy expectations in helping put together this weekend get away. Her phone calls and emails were consistently prompt and provided accurate information. When we got there she had all staff prepared to assign each couple to specific rooms per our agreement. They were friendly, professional and a very smooth process. The rooms were very clean and they had an excellent extended continental breakfast. It appeared that the manager was always there. I saw her often talking, laughing and interacting with our group. I am so grateful for the accommodations and service we received. Everyone is already talking about returning next year! Oh, and the view and location was great!

2 Thank dhiguera
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
D.Higuera....this is such an honor to receive a review like this one you have written. It was absolutely my pleasure to help set up your Marriage Retreat. The entire group was amazing. My self and my entire staff appreciate you choosing Lovers Point Inn. Also, I cannot express enough how much I am looking forward to hosting your group again next year. Anything I can do to help, I am always available for you. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! You have my telephone number and my email if you need me. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Sindy the manager went out of her way to do such a great job for our couples attending a local marriage retreat getaway. The inn did a great job by paying attention to details. We had such a nice stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Bobbie P
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
To hear you say "Sindy Buentello," made our stay....what an honor to me to receive such a review. Myself and my entire staff take pride in taking care of our guests needs. I look forward to seeing you again next year for the Marriage Retreat 2013. If you would like to come back to stay with us before then, please give me call directly, I will take care of your reservation. Thank you so much for this amazing review, what an honor for me. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friends from Arizona were meeting my husband and I in Monterey. After a very long travel day for all four of us we arrived at the Lovers Point Inn. To my dismay, our reservation had been canceled for an unknown reason by our third-party booking service. The desk clerk was helpful in making other suggestions for us, until he was overheard by the manager. I don't know what she did, but in minutes we were being shown to our room. We found the facility, while aging, very clean with all the amenities we needed. It was wonderful to just walk across the street to sit on a bench to watch the sunset over the ocean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank macjacks
I'm sorry to hear that your reservation was cancelled by a third party booking. I do recall when this happened. We were able to take care of your reservation and not have you go to a different hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it means so much to us. To say "Exceptional Service," what an honor that is. Should you ever come back to Pacific Grove, please come back to stay with us. You can call me directly, and I will take personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you, Sindy Buentello Lovers Point Inn.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to drive to Monterey on the spur of the moment. We booked a room that morning for 89$, second floor, no view. When we got there we were too early for check in, but they let us check in anyway and upgraded us to a partial view for free. We didn't even ask for that, she just offered it. The room had nice modern linens and furnishings, and was very clean. Bed was super comfy.

The location was fantastic. About a 20 minute stroll down the coastal trail to the aquarium. There was also a little park across the street where we watched the moon over the water that night.

Breakfast was a great for a continental spread. Croissants, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, and OJ.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank darcicat
Here are Lovers Point Inn, we pride ourselves in Excellent Customer Service, and taking care of our guest's needs. It is wonderful to hear that we took care of your reservation and offered you a complimentary upgrade to allow you to get into your room early. Please come back to see us again soon. You can call me directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went for a marriage retreat and were pleasantly surprised by the coziness of the Inn and location. Rooms were nicely laid out and very comfortable. Check out time was 11, so plenty of time to relax and pack at our leisure. Nice spread in the lobby for happy hour. :) I can't wait to go back next year.

2 Thank Lpilch09
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your marriage retreat, and even more excited to hear you found our inn to your likings! We are now in the plans for the marriage retreat 2013, I do look forward to seeing you again. If you would like to come back to stay with us, please give me a call directly, I will make sure to take care of all your reservtion needs. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, I really do appreciate the time you took. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just took a quick trip up north to Monterey for a couple of nights to celebrate our one year anniversary and stayed here. Location was perfect, close to everywhere you'd want to see in Monterey. Probably a 5-10 minute drive to any of Monterey's attractions.
I originally booked a jacuzzi room, thinking that the wife would enjoy it more than an ocean view. When I arrived, we weren't too happy with the jacuzzi - it was basically a bathtub with a couple of jets. Plus the room was at the end of the Orel, the window with a view of the wall of the building next door...not very romantic.
I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved and the gentleman (forgot his name but he was extremely nice and accommodating) switched us to a third story room with a decent view of the bay - a little obstructed by a building in front of the hotel, but enough to make it worth it.
Across the street from the hotel is Lovers Point Park, a beautiful little peninsula with amazing views.
For the price, location and service, it was well worth it. If I were to come back to Monterey, I would definitely consider Lovers Point Inn again, that is, unless I'm in the mood to splurge on a hotel on Cannery Row!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gene S
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the "Great Location, Great Service" review. I'm so happy that my front desk/reservationist Jason, was able to take care of your reservation needs, and switch you to a more comfortable room on the 3rd floor. We are all about Customer Service and taking care of each and every one of our guests. Please come back to visit us at Lovers Point Inn, we are only one mile from Canery Row. I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I hope to see you again soon. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Monterey Peninsula Inn
Monterey Peninsula Inn
#4 of 17 in Pacific Grove
4.0 of 5 stars 436 reviews

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!