“Fresh Simple Creative local pleasure”

Jeninni Kitchen + Wine Bar
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 2013 Jeninni kitchen + wine bar is the Monterey Peninsula's newest wine bar and dining destination, seamlessly blending the sophisticated energy of an urban restaurant with the genteel comforts of coastal Pacific Grove, CA. Redefining the modern wine bar experience, jeninni kitchen + wine bar offers a contemporary take on the sultry cuisines of the Mediterranean coast - alongside unique, quality wines and innovative cocktails.
La Paz, Mexico
“Fresh Simple Creative local pleasure”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We get to eat at the best restaurants in the world. It's easy these days to spend a great deal on mediocre food. What's becoming less so is having truly great tasting food at affordable prices. When one dines as much as we do it's a pleasure to have relatively simple food that's world class in ingredients taste preparation and service.
Food here ranges from small plates to "sharing size" portions of seasonal variety locally sourced produce. Enjoy a glass of wine with a snack or go for a bottle with a more substantial entree.
You can't go wrong!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LAPgolf

Pacific Grove, California
“Great local spot for innovative food and a really good wine list”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We tried and shared a number of small plates and red wines...the special ham with grilled bread and a molasses honey spread was memorable, as was the warm bread with a range of spreads and I have never had a burger as good as their lamb burger. I was not sure about eggplant fries but one taste and I was a convert. The waiter was very helpful, and his wine recommendations were perfect.

• Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“Journey of food”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Truly a gem. I ate dinner here last night and I'm still craving some of the flavor I had. There were dishes from different regions of the Mediterranean.
-The food has intense flavored and great stories behind the history of them.
-The wine was perfectly picked and reasonably priced
-best meal I've had in a long while.

• Visited February 2014
Arlington, Virginia USA
“Delicious and inventive menu choices”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple (who live in Pacific Grove), ate here in early January and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was excellent; the decor was attractive; our waiter and the maitre d' were courteous and efficient; and the wine list, while limited, included several reasonably-priced options that I would not expect to find in a small restaurant. It's centrally located in "downtown" PG and we found it to be an excellent addition to the local restaurant scene. We certainly plan to return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“A Significant miss...”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had our high expectations going in and.... they were not met. My wife and I and another couple went together, looking forward to what had been a jinxed location. The jinx lived on. The noise level from the music made conversation almost impossible. The waiter was .... OK. Almost unintelligible. Even after a polite request the music stayed at an annoying level. I had a chicken wing appetizer (4) and my wife had fried chick peas. Two lamb burgers with eggplant fries. An unexceptional glass of red...an unexceptional chardonnay. ....$90.00....(I still tipped---it was just after Christmas...)... but the 4 of us have NO intention to go back. Max's Bistro is a few hundred feet away and dramatically better. As a value proposition this was a big disappointment....

4 Thank CaPalm