“Marguerita!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2019

You must have known by now that not all margueritas are created equally.

There are margueritas, and then there is THE marguerita.

Jamie, the front counter host/tender asked if I wanted a "House Marguerita." And like most great stories, this one began with an innocuous opening.

She poured. She crushed. She mixed. She shook. She twirled. She limed. She salted. And then she presented THE marguerita to me. The "House Marguerita."

Unassuming in its initial presentation. Cold to the touch. Salt around the rim. And a slice of lime perched arrogantly on top. Daring. Inviting.

I took my first sip.

To be clear: I did pretaste it with a light introduction of the sweetwsoureness of the lime.

Adding the salt.

Then the coldness of the drink. The thickness of the glass. The decadence of history, of casualness, of invitation. The Tequila.

And the taste took my soul away.

Tangy, salty, and a touch of bitterness. And the comforting aftertaste of sweetness. Lingering. Touching. Reminding. Remembering.

Almost as a promise. And an invitation.

I shall be back.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Quoc T

Reviewed March 3, 2019

We were parked on a side street in a neighborhood and a very friendly local recommended this place when we asked about good Mexican. He was right.

Excellent margaritas, the blood orange margarita was especially good. The service, Juan was our waiter, was fantastic. He actually gave helpful recommendations (not the usual B.S., “Everything is good" and damn he was right every time. The stuffed pepper appetizer was great.

I had a three piece combo. The green chile enchilada was very good but I felt like the pork needed to cook with the sauce just a bit longer. Juan mentioned the Chile Relleno was not his favorite and he was correct - good but not wow. The beef burrito was very good and even more so after I ordered a side of of guac and sour cream. Oddly, the beans and rice were not stand outs. Wife’s artichoke and mushroom Enchilada was OK.

The Sopapillas were excellent and generous amount. Maybe could have used a touch more cinnamon.

Atmosphere was comfortable and felt like a local place, not a tourist trap.

We’ll stop in again next time we are in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019

When we arrived, we were the only customers and were a little leery. The service was very good, and soon several other customers joined us. The food was great!

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Great restaurant with friendly service and yummy food. Had the roasted pepper appetizer, delicious! Reasonably priced and no delays.

Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

Very cute place with nice ambiance and staff. The margaritas were very good. As for the food, we got one item each and it was plenty as it comes with a large portion of rice and refried beans. Guacamole and beef tacos were very good