“Hole in the wall place you should NOT pass up”

Little Chicken House
Ranked #52 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found this place mearly by accident some years ago. Since then, I go there EVERY time I am in the area, whethet on the job The ribs are TO DIE FOR, same with their sandwiches, whole chickens, everything they serve there is GREAT. Very reasonable prices. Nothing fancy to eat at, nothing romantic, just a great place to have great food. Looks like an old Arby's restuarant where they are located. The Beer is COLD !!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times. The first time was not very good at all. I tried the brisket which had a good flavor but it was about 1/2 fat. However my husband brought take out home from there after that and it was really good. They were able to redeem themselves with the ribs. They are very tender and fall of the bone. I gave the brisket a second shot and it was much better. They have a variety of sides but sometimes they are out of the ones I want. The potatoes salad is pretty good but they have been out of it twice when I have gone there wanting it. The service is inconsistent too, even from the owner. Sometimes he is on point and sometimes the interaction is somewhat akward. The prices are fair for what you get. The atmosphere is a little awkward too. We usually go through the drive thru. They have a couple of picnic tables outside but it is like 10 feet from Forest Ave and traffic gets pretty heavy there. All in all the food has been good, but my recommendation is to get it to go.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate at the Little Chicken House last week while visiting Pacific Grove and it was FANTASTIC barbecue at VERY reasonable prices. The brisket was incredibly tender. So was the turkey. The ribs were absolutely unbelievable. Huge portions. Piping hot.

Now it's not fine dining, so don't expect much in the way of ambiance. It has paneling on the walls, but who cares?

The service was fine. Quick. We weren't neglected, but they didn't hover.

As one earlier reviewer noted, they serve BEER, thank GOD. So that was nice, too.

It's barbecue. It's good and it's inexpensive. And it was a REAL treat to find awesome comfort food in Pacific Grove.

1  Thank MiniNinja
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food, and service are without flaw. The ribs are the best in this area. The ambiance is "contempo factory." My wife and I didn't go to this restaurant for ambiance. We went there for barbecue. We got the best barbecue without phony frills. We will be back.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

No frills BBQ joint but definitely worth stopping in for a yummy meal that is sizable in proportions! The baked beans... you'll want to bathe in them! I wish they were next door to me!!

2  Thank joopygolf