“Delightful Owners Treat You Like Family!”
Review of La Mia Cucina

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lighthouse & Laurel
Description: Stroll along 17th St., between Lighthouse and Laurel and you will find one of the Peninsula’s favorite spots, La Mia Cucina. This little jewel, with its fresh ambiance and tantalizing menu, is popular with everyone. The colorful European advertising posters that enliven the walls, are “originals, not reproductions.” That phrase is accurate in describing La Mia Cucina itself. From the comfortable linen white decor, accented beautifully by those turn-of-the-century posters, to the hand-crafted entrees and desserts, everything about La Mia Cucina says fresh and original. Owner Michael’s specialty, his ravioli dishes, are a renowned local favorite, and for good reason. They are hand made, with all the care that only a lifetime of creative food combining can bring. In addition to pasta, La Mia Cucina is known for it's fresh fish and meat specials. The desserts are made in-house by his wife Paula and daughter Michaela, and the service is personal and inviting.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Prior to traveling to the Monterey Peninsula for 2019 U.S.Open Week, I asked for restaurant recommendations from my circle of friends, many of whom have visited the area. Perhaps the most enthusiastice recommendation I received was for La Mia Cucina, and as I found out, for good reason. The Scanlons welcome you warmly into their lovely, intimate restaurant and treat you as family. Our party of seven felt it from the moment we walked in and the wait staff only added to the experience. I was told to order the lobster ravioli, so I did. My entree, salad, dessert, wine and the attentive service were all exceptional. We had a lovely conversation with Michael Scanlon toward the end of our meal and he shared his philosophy of growing their business through recommendations from the good people they serve, rather than pursuing tourist focused publicity or promotion. So I am honored to help the Scanlons with this review. Our family is returning tho the area for a wedding in November. I will be sure to return to renew my acquaintance with these lovely people and introduce my wife and children to them. It is a blessing when one finds a true "home away from home" while traveling. I cannot possibly recommend highly enough!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the time you enter the restaurant, you are meant to feel like family....so welcoming and appreciative of you for coming to their establishment. The food and the service was incredible!! One of the best Italian meals we have had!
We watched as people left, and we were amazed how many patrons were obviously many times repeat customers!
don’t hesitate eating here!!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I grew up making all day gravy for a family dinner with fresh pressed Sunday pasta. Mia's delivered what I had been missing. Warm greetings, excellent wine suggestion, spaced courses, amazing Puttanesca! Food my 12yo raved about plus an owner delivered dessert that would make a Campanelli or Lamana proud! Mia's table space seems small but they deliver BIG once you are in their 4 walls. I will be back

Reviewed April 25, 2019

I've been here 3 times in 3 months and each was fabulous - if anything, better each time. First was veal saltimbocca (my favorite veal recipe) which was fabulous, second time was their Sand Dabs - also awesome and was my choice when they ran out of their salmon special - but and a great second choice at that. Last night was third time and I had seafood special - which was a stuffed salmon fillet with ricotta and spinach and the lightest crust on the salmon. I remarked to the chef that I had never had salmon that way before - and it was fabulous! Additionally, it was served on a mushroom rosotto that was rice, delicious out of this world good. They also had a wine special that paired fabulously. The service was outstanding from multiple waiters who checked on me to the chef himself who stopped by and chatted several times! Fantastic!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This was our first visit and we were made to feel like family. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. A real gem if you are looking for excellent food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: April 2019