“A late reservation made perfect”
Review of La Mia Cucina

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lighthouse & Laurel
Description: Stroll along 17th St., between Lighthouse and Laurel and you will find one of the Peninsula’s favorite spots, La Mia Cucina. This little jewel, with its fresh ambiance and tantalizing menu, is popular with everyone. The colorful European advertising posters that enliven the walls, are “originals, not reproductions.” That phrase is accurate in describing La Mia Cucina itself. From the comfortable linen white decor, accented beautifully by those turn-of-the-century posters, to the hand-crafted entrees and desserts, everything about La Mia Cucina says fresh and original. Owner Michael’s specialty, his ravioli dishes, are a renowned local favorite, and for good reason. They are hand made, with all the care that only a lifetime of creative food combining can bring. In addition to pasta, La Mia Cucina is known for it's fresh fish and meat specials. The desserts are made in-house by his wife Paula and daughter Michaela, and the service is personal and inviting.
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I grew up making all day gravy for a family dinner with fresh pressed Sunday pasta. Mia's delivered what I had been missing. Warm greetings, excellent wine suggestion, spaced courses, amazing Puttanesca! Food my 12yo raved about plus an owner delivered dessert that would make a Campanelli or Lamana proud! Mia's table space seems small but they deliver BIG once you are in their 4 walls. I will be back

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed April 25, 2019

I've been here 3 times in 3 months and each was fabulous - if anything, better each time. First was veal saltimbocca (my favorite veal recipe) which was fabulous, second time was their Sand Dabs - also awesome and was my choice when they ran out of their salmon special - but and a great second choice at that. Last night was third time and I had seafood special - which was a stuffed salmon fillet with ricotta and spinach and the lightest crust on the salmon. I remarked to the chef that I had never had salmon that way before - and it was fabulous! Additionally, it was served on a mushroom rosotto that was rice, delicious out of this world good. They also had a wine special that paired fabulously. The service was outstanding from multiple waiters who checked on me to the chef himself who stopped by and chatted several times! Fantastic!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This was our first visit and we were made to feel like family. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. A real gem if you are looking for excellent food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 23, 2019

Lovely family style restaurant. Friendly hosts and staff made us feel welcome. Great atmosphere and great food and service. A true find. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019

Outstanding service, excellent choices for fine cuisine, very nice ambience with an Italian theme, owners are caring and appreciate your
business. We had reservations for December 30th and were escorted to our table at the reserved time even though they were very busy with all tables full. The restaurant is owned by a couple and the wife escorted us. She had also taken my reservation with a very friendly and caring demeanor. She's quite the business lady and makes sure customer service is up to her high standard. My wife had sand dabs and I chose their homemade gnocchi. Both entrees were outstanding. They also have a good selection of fine wines. We will return to this restaurant during our next visit to Pacfic Grove. I wish they were closer to us than a 2 hour drive because it would be placed on our list of regular restaurants to frequent. Highly recommend La Mia Cucina.

Date of visit: December 2018