“Wonderful evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lighthouse & Laurel
Description: Stroll along 17th St., between Lighthouse and Laurel and you will find one of the Peninsula’s favorite spots, La Mia Cucina. This little jewel, with its fresh ambiance and tantalizing menu, is popular with everyone. The colorful European advertising posters that enliven the walls, are “originals, not reproductions.” That phrase is accurate in describing La Mia Cucina itself. From the comfortable linen white decor, accented beautifully by those turn-of-the-century posters, to the hand-crafted entrees and desserts, everything about La Mia Cucina says fresh and original. Owner Michael’s specialty, his ravioli dishes, are a renowned local favorite, and for good reason. They are hand made, with all the care that only a lifetime of creative food combining can bring. In addition to pasta, La Mia Cucina is known for it's fresh fish and meat specials. The desserts are made in-house by his wife Paula and daughter Michaela, and the service is personal and inviting.
Reviewed July 30, 2016

We had planned to go to another restaurant based on the reviews but we went here instead because of a recommendation by a local. (The front desk person at Amara by the Sea where I received the best massage of my life - I can't quit writing about this!)

It was my friend's birthday so we wanted some place nice. La Mia Cucina is a small but kinda formal place. It's not stuffy or fancy though. We wore our "tourist clothes." I made a reservation via Open Table that day. It was a good thing I did because we wouldn't have gotten a table. I think this place is very popular with the locals.

While we weren't greeted immediately, the staff was overall great. (The couple who came in after us without a reservation were greeted before us - honestly, I think it's because we were two women and there was a man with the other party! OK, maybe a the place is a little stuffy.)

We started with a glass of prosecco. We then had a glass of the Special Find White with the salad and a glass of the Special Find Red with the meal. The wines were really good!

I had the special pasta - Carbonara. It was wonderful. My friend had the Veal PIccata which she pronounced "perfect."

We wanted an after-dinner drink because it was my friend's birthday (and we had taken Uber) but they don't have "that kind of license." As a treat, the waiter brought her a cannoli for dessert.

The place is cute, the wine is good and the food is great. So glad we chose this place for dinner.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 10, 2016

We went to La Mia Cucina for my birthday. Paula is gregarious and makes you feel very special when she greets you at the front door. The food was fabulous. there were also a number of vegetarian options which I really appreciated!! There were 4 of us and we all ordered something different and it was all wonderful! The restaurant itself is small with a very cozy atmosphere having a very upper scale decor. This is a very popular place so make sure you make reservations. The only thing I thought was a bit much was the corkage fee of $25.00. My husband had purchased a special bottle of wine for my birthday and we wanted to have it at dinner. so we paid the corkage fee of $25.00, which is the highest corkage fee I have ever paid! Would we go back??? YOU BET!!!! FABULOUS!!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 8, 2016

We ate here on the recommendation of good friends who live in Pacific Grove and said that they thought that this was the best restaurant on the Monterey Peninsula. We haven’t eaten in enough restaurants in this area to verify that opinion, but most of the other people in the restaurant were local residents.

Our meal was excellent. We shared the special salad and one of us had halibut, which was the fish of the day, and the other had veal picata. Although we shouldn’t have, the desert tray was too much temptation, and we shared the best cannoli we’ve ever had. The wine list was good and seemed much more reasonable than at many excellent restaurants.

The service was attentive and the staff was friendly and knew most of the other dinners.

We highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 29, 2016

Please dont be put off by old school formal. This isnt a stuffy formal restaurant at all. It has a formal feel, greeted at the door, we were led to our white cloth topped table. Menus and drink orders were taken. Wait staff doted over regulars.

The food here is outstanding though. From the calamari to the arancini, excellent starters. My pasta with the house Italian sausage was a standout - although I wished for a bit more pasta...

Service was excellent.

Will definitely return.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 26, 2016

A repeat visit to La Mia Cecina - and they remembered us! Great food w/ some specialty dishes and a great wine list. Excellent service in a lovely setting. What's not to like?

Date of visit: May 2016