“Good Breakfast!”

First Awakenings
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2016

We were staying at the Holiday Inn on Wave Street and wanted to walk along Cannery Row before leaving the area. This restaurant was in easy walking distance at the other end of Cannery Row. It was busy early on a Friday morning but we easily got seats outside on their patio. Please note if you are eating outside, the pigeons are aggressive. I saw one land on the table next to us and start eating off a plate.

The waitress came by and brought us our own little pot of coffee, which was great. The menu is huge and everything sounded delicious, but we both ended up ordering the Acapulco Express omelet and it was really good. Portions are generous, so keep that in mind.

I'd visit again.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed July 8, 2016

My wife and I enjoyed our breakfast here today. I don't know that it's really a good thing but the portions are huge. We shared a Bacado omelette (Bacon, avocado and melted Monterey Jack cheese topped with sour cream and chives) and neither of us could finish it.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Nice choice in having either indoor or outdoor seating. This place was packed!!! Very large menu to choose from. It's a lot like First Watch restaurants where they try to offer healthy choices. That does lead though to some bland foods too.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I ordered a California Crepegg which is a new concept to me. It's a crepe with whipped egg added to the batter. It was light, savory and sweet. It was folded over like an omelette and was filled avocado, onion, ham, green peppers, mushroom and topped with a dollop of sour cream and served with a side of salsa, red potatoes and English muffin. Wow I wish I could get a crepegg at home. This place is very popular. I'd recommend definitely calling ahead to get your name on the list. We wait about 15 minutes even with putting our name in ahead of time. Staff here friendly and attentive. This restaurant very family friendly and unpretentious.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

Waited ages for a table and then another long wait to be served...eggs benedict passable but sides very ordinary - pancakes and french toast