“Great food...”

First Awakenings
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We found this place through Yelp reviews and it got great ratings. The place isn't very big so for breakfast (especially on a weekend), there's a bit of a wait but it's attached to a shopping complex so you can easily kill time while you wait. I read that their wheat germ pancakes rock so I tried them and I really liked them. They're big so I'd order no more than two. My husband got the Acapulco omelet with potatoes and he really liked it. The potatoes were so good. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

First Awakenings, 125 Ocean View Blvd #105, Pacific Grove, CA 93950, tel. (831) 372-1125, http://www.firstawakenings.net/. We thought our breakfasts were very good and our server, Brittney, was excellent. We had a complicated order. Audre thought she wanted a wheat berry pancake until she learned that the wheat berry pancake had wheat germ in it which she doesn’t like. Brittany was very patient and suggested that Audre order one blueberry pancake with strawberries on top. That sounded good to Audre so that’s what she ordered and it was great; too big by half but very good. Dimitri wanted one pancake with mango in it, scrambled eggs and one strip of bacon. That’s what he got and he was very happy. Dimitri also ordered coffee and it came quickly. We learned that First Awakenings has real maple syrup for an extra charge. We ordered that. Our bill was $19.61 plus tip and were very happy.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on the previous reviews on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. The food was very tasty, the service was good and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. The location is convenient if you are biking along the Monterey Peninsula or shopping on Cannery Row.
It was good enough that we ate here twice on our vacation.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We chose First Awakenings based on other TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. I had Heartland Frittata and my husband had eggs benedict - both were excellent. We also split a "plate size" blueberry pancake, which was one of the best pancakes I've ever had. The server suggested the pancake (instead of the full order stack). I didn't see it on the menu, but maybe I missed it. They bring a whole pot of coffee and pitcher of water, which was nice. We sat outside next to the open fire pit, which was perfect. Great service, excellent food. Walking distance from the Aquarium.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you love pancakes you must come here! Came here for a quick breakfast and it was packed! Our waitress was very nice and the food was delicious with good prices. I got the Blueberry Wheat Germ Pancake and it was unexpectedly delicious and really HUGE. You must come if you love pancakes!

1  Thank Regina L