“Very nice helpings.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Abilene, Texas, United States
“Very nice helpings.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on the previous reviews on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. The food was very tasty, the service was good and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. The location is convenient if you are biking along the Monterey Peninsula or shopping on Cannery Row.
It was good enough that we ate here twice on our vacation.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Highly recommend for breakfast.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We chose First Awakenings based on other TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. I had Heartland Frittata and my husband had eggs benedict - both were excellent. We also split a "plate size" blueberry pancake, which was one of the best pancakes I've ever had. The server suggested the pancake (instead of the full order stack). I didn't see it on the menu, but maybe I missed it. They bring a whole pot of coffee and pitcher of water, which was nice. We sat outside next to the open fire pit, which was perfect. Great service, excellent food. Walking distance from the Aquarium.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Susan S
San Francisco, California
“Pancakes!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you love pancakes you must come here! Came here for a quick breakfast and it was packed! Our waitress was very nice and the food was delicious with good prices. I got the Blueberry Wheat Germ Pancake and it was unexpectedly delicious and really HUGE. You must come if you love pancakes!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Regina L
Pacific Grove, California
“The hot spot for breakfast”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This joint jumps on the weekends! There is always a short line to wait. The food is good, the portions are large. Outside seating is fantastic for the good weather days. Many people eat here and then head for the Aquarium across the street.

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went there because of the reviews!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I frequently use trip advisor. I am delighted with my meal with First Awakenings. The staff was friendly and quick. The bacon was crisp, but not burnt. I am picky about my eggs-very picky. The waitress was amazingly accommodating. I like my eggs fried-hard. Most chefs will not/do not cook them enough. My eggs were PERFECT! Crunchy on the edges. I ordered one pancake-which was huge! The syrup was warm-wonderful. The only reason for less than a perfect score was the waitress never returned with additional butter after my request. She gave me the check-so I am confident that she completely forgot. (Please note-she was very friendly and happy!) The second reason was the pancake was not hot-warm. I felt that the pancake had a "funny" taste, but am certain that this is because I am not used to scratch pancakes. It was fluffy and cooked even in the center. I went on a Tuesday morning, did not have to wait and was given a choice of 2 tables. There is outside seating-which would have been lovely had it not been raining. There was a fire pit and fun painting on the surrounding walls. A perfect location to pick up the Ocean View Blvd.

1 Thank Katryna H