“Great dog-friendly outdoor patio, good breakfast selection”
Review of First Awakenings

First Awakenings
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Sheltered outdoor patio with fire pit, many umbrella'd tables -- great for breakfast with our dog. (Adjacent outlet shopping mall is dog-friendly too.) Breakfast menu has a good variety of traditional breakfast fare (omelets, pancakes, bacon-and-eggs, etc.), including a few somewhat unique and less-standard variations (e.g., pesto-and-turkey omelets).

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Three couples decided to try First Awakenings for a Friday Morning Breakfast. Our experience was so positive we broke our own rule to keep trying something new and returned for Breakfast on Saturday. Everything was great, veggie omelets were made with fresh veggies and served with fresh fruits. Pancakes huge and tasty. Service was superior and additions and subtractions from basic menu items were accepted.
Location in American Tin Cannery building could be better but the restaurant itself was a perfect setting with indoor and outdoor seating. Parking lot next door is free with validation stamp from restaurant.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

After looking for this place and giving up the day before and settling for a very blah breakfast elsewhere. I realized this place was inside the cheesy outlet mall near Cannery Row. We stopped in for breakfast and it was really top notch. I had a crepe which was delicious, but the pancakes were clearly the 'big thing' at least on this day. Everybody was eating one of these huge pancakes and I did sneak a bite of my wife's and it was excellent...but so was my daughter in laws omelet. Yes we were all sharing - as seems to be the case whenever we stumble on a great meal and this was definitely one of those.

Thank erie.mon
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I would have given this 5-stars based on the meals alone, but I wish they had had a coffee selection aside from plain coffee (which wasn't great). Our fresh squeezed grapefruit and orange juices were great as were our breakfast dishes. My only other note was that I didn't realize I had to pay up front and waited quite a while for the server to take the bill w/ my credit card to pay - only when I flagged her down after about 20 minutes waiting to pay did she say to pay up front. It was good, but I wouldn't say amazing.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Love coming here! Everything on the menu is awesome and you better come hungry because they give you huge portions! I love sitting outside near the fire. Great for any types a people and families.