“Outstanding”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Placerville
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Both the service and quality were outstanding. This is a very fine Middle Eastern restaurant. We shared two dishes, a vegetarian mezzo platter and a rice and lentil dish with yogurt accompaniment. When we asked the waitress to box up the leftover rice and lentil dish, she replenished the yogurt and gave us utensils and napkins. Very kind and thoughtful. We would definitely go back again.

Visited August 2012

Florida, USA
“Small but very nice”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was friendly and the food was good. The falafel was awesome! The gyros were really good.

• Visited July 2012
Salinas
“We hit a quiet night...”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I think that they were ready to close early when we arrived, because there was no one there... At all. Apparently there was something going on that weekend, and it had distracted patrons from eating out, perhaps.

The service was prompt (how else can it be, when you're the only customer?), and the food was pretty good. My salad was actually icy -- it had ice crystals forming int he tomato -- but it was fresh (no wilting or discoloration), leading me to suspect that it had been frozen within the hour. In all, the food was rather plain and somewhat forgettable. Not bad, not great.

The price was in the normal range for a Monterey / PG eatery. I'd go back if I happened to be downtown in PG, but I wouldn't make a special trip.

• Visited April 2012
Pacific Grove, California
“Be careful if you go here!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food here is edible, but my experience was truly distasteful! I broke a tooth on an olive. I didn't blame the restaurant, but I did ask them to file a claim with their insurance company, and they refused. It cost me $6,000 in dental bills, and after I met with the owner and asked for the insurance claim, they didn't even have the courtesy to respond. I wouldn't go there again for any money, and I hope everyone avoids this place. They brag about being part of the community, but that certainly wasn't my experience.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 95Disgruntled
Marin
“One of our favorites in Monterey area”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Petra has been one of our favorite stops in the Monterey-Carmel-Pacific Grove area for many years. It's a family-operated restaurant with excellent service and fresh, hearty fare. The vegetarian plate should appeal to anyone, and the falafel ranks with the best. Have had many good family experiences here, and friends we have introduced to Petra have liked it, too. For a low-key and hearty meal that will not break the bank, Petra works. Whenever we visit Pacific Grove, I'm glad to see it there.

• Visited February 2012