“Always good!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 1, 2013

You can't go wrong at Toasties. It's one of those "don't miss" restaurants when visiting Pacific Grove. Favorites include, the breakfast burrito, French toast, perfectly cooked bacon, San Fransicso Joes omelet and the French roast coffee they serve purchased from Lapperts. There is usually a wait on weekends so plan accordingly.

There are newer reviews for Toasties Cafe

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came here for a late lunch, nice thing is that you have the choice for breakfast as well. I got the French dip, delicious with the dip, very good. Good place for kids as they get a choice of an eco sketch to play with. Staff was very friendly. Nice cozy little place to have lunch or breakfast for sure and price is good.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our party of 7 got there at 7:30 for breakfast. I'm a fussy limited-diet breakfast person, so I travel with a little baggie of a cereal mix and fruit, and usually just order any cereal offering, but tell them to hold the cereal. Our waitress, who gets 10 stars, told me that was stupid, so offered to just bring a bowl, etc., for me, and what kind of milk did I want -- skim, regular, etc.? I don't do milk at all, and asked if they had soy milk? No, but she offered almond milk, at which point I fell in love.

So I proceeded to enjoy my processed-cardboard cereal, but made the big mistake of looking at the menu. This place is breakfast heaven. I love hash for breakfast, so ordered a "side" of hash and a poached egg. Everybody else had "eggs-and" in many combinations, all in huge, hot portions and excellent. My hash was the best I have ever had in a restaurant, and I finished it in spite of being moderately full from my cereal. No lunch that day for any of us.

I had a large glass of fresh-squeezed pink grapefruit juice, and it was so good I followed it with 2 large fresh-squeezed orange juices. I wouldn't call the glasses "large" -- I usually have a pint of each at home -- but they were large by restaurant standards. Everyone else had coffee -- either regular or French Roast (we were warned that it was REALLY high-test coffee). There was no mention of decaf, but they probably had some for the early-morning wimps.

Service was outstanding, overall ambience that of a warm, friendly, smallish (quite a few tables, actually, but scattered among several rooms), bustling (AKA "noisy", but friendly-noisy, and I like that) breakfast joint.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have a wheat allergy and have to be very careful about cross contamination. They have gluten free toast you can get with your dish. I had the heovos rancheros with fresh tomatores (no salsa) and slices of avocado with side of potatoes. They were vvery accommodating and willing to check items to ensure an allergy safe meal.
I liked there egg dish options. No gluten free pancakes though.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This place gives you everything one would look for in a diner. They have extensive breakfast and lunch menu with a great deal of ordinary type foods. The service was fabulous and food arrived quickly. I would definitely visit this place again in the future.