“Great first time experience”

Beach House at Lovers Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House at Lovers Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had made a reservation through Opentable when we had confirmed our dates for Pacific Grove. We were seated as soon as soon as we arrived. We were given a choice of tables on the patio, which is where I had requested to sit. They have heaters and glass panels so there was no worries about being cold. The service was prompt and friendly but we never felt rushed. The food was excellent. We ordered the sole almondine and the chicken with lemon meringue tart and strawberry tart for dessert. It was an excellent meal with a beautiful view and very reasonably priced. We will definitely go back on our next trip to PG.

Kevin P, Manager at Beach House at Lovers Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed everything on your visit with us! Making reservations through opentable is a breeze! We sincerely hope you will visit us again and we thank you for the five-star review!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a place to go if eating with a view is most important to your dining experience.

The visitor's center in Pacific Grove recommend several nice dining places and I selected this one because it had a early dinner special for only $10 and it is on the waterfront. They didn't have a table before 5:30 (during the special) but I decided to go anyway for the view.

It is a very busy place but there is parking close by on the street...there is also a small lot. With 7pm reservations I was seated within 7-10mins. The place has plenty of windows and even though I wasn't seated near one that overlooked the water I could see the water from my seat.

They have outdoor seating with a heater but bring a jacket because when the sunsets it can become chilly.

They have two local dishes (I wanted local seafood) so I order the sole and had a strawberry tart dessert (the ice cream was the best!). The food was tasty and the service was wonderful! If you are looking for views of the water this is the place...if you are looking for superb food than there are other places that may be better but the food is not bad here.

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed the wonderful location along with the stunning views! We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We arrived at 5.30 and hadn't prebooked but managed to get a table. The atmosphere was buzzing and the waiter was very pleasant and obliging. The early doors menu was great value and enjoyable food.

We're so happy that you were able to arrive early and enjoy our wonderful sunset menu! It tends to get pretty busy around 6 o'clock so 5:30 is definitely a great time to arrive. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

It is all explain in our review, it is in close proximity to everything. for the price it can not be matched in the area.

Thank you for the excellent review! We're so happy that you enjoyed our wonderful central location as well as that fantastic views. We sincerely hope you join us again next time you and are in the area.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

On a recent trip to Monterey to celebrate my birthday, we wanted to pick a special place for my birthday dinner. The choices in the area are vast and we could have gone anywhere in Pebble Beach, Carmel, Monterey or Pacific Grove, but years ago I had lived nearby and enjoyed this view everyday so when we drove by my old apartment and saw the restaurant, not there when I lived nearby, we decided to check the reviews. They were quite positive, and several people mentioned a Sunset Special - a number of entrée choices priced at $10, and happy hour cocktail prices, as long as you are seated and order by 5:30. We thought that sounded perfect, as we would be there to enjoy the sunset across the bay, so we made a reservation for 5pm. When we arrived we were greeted promptly and when we mentioned it was a special occasion, we were seated next to a window overlooking the bay - perfect! My husband chose the meatloaf and I decided on the Salmon. We were both very happy with our choices. Not only did the food come out looking just like the pictures I'd seen in other reviews, but both our choices were cooked and seasoned perfectly. We enjoyed a leisurely, very scenic dinner and finished just in time to take some photos of the area as the sun set. All in all, a wonderful way to spend a special occasion. We would have eaten there again if we had more time, and we will definitely be back.

Kevin P, Manager at Beach House at Lovers Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

We are so happy you decided to join us for your birthday and that you enjoyed the Sunset Menu! The meatloaf and salmon are both excellent choices. We hope to see you again!