“lunch is a 10”
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Monterey, California
“lunch is a 10”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

lunch is a 10

Sonora, California
“Cute old country feel...Great food”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I really enjoyed this place. I sat outside on the patio which felt like I was in the good ole' country days. They kept the wood floors and wood ceilings to look authenticly from the 1800's. The scenery was beautiful since you are in downtown historic Pacific Grove. I have to recommend the Grilled Cheese sandwhich. It may sound boring but I think that this was the best sandwhich I have had in a long time. Actually they are locally famous for that grilled cheese wonder. You have to try it!

1 Thank amndachlo
SoCal
“Recommended by a local”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

This restaurant was recommended by a long time friend as being really good local, organic fare. She was right on the money. The salads were fresh and delicious, the fish was fresh and well prepared. I would return in a heartbeat. Adorable, unique, homey atmosphere. Fresh homemade cookies for dessert, not to be missed!!

2 Thank Redpatch7
Fresno, California
“Almost didn't stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I looked at the menu and didn't think I wanted anything. We decided to stay and I'm glad we did. The ravioli and Three Mushroom soup were excellent. My wife loved the yellow and red beet salad.

We topped it off by sharing a piece of their homemade chocolate cream pie. It was soooooo good. Highly recommended. it is small and if you get next to someone who likes the sound of their own voiceit might be

1 Thank edukehtoer
Michigan
“Poor Service”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Food was good, prices high and service left a lot to be desired!!! This restaurant came highly recommended by the hosts of our lodging. It was disappointing. Although the food was good, the whole "package" was not. For the prices we paid, we should have had a much more "polished" server. Our server was not young. I imagine she has done this for awhile. Perhaps she is related to the owner. I say this because I can't imagine an owner keeping someone like her on the staff. When one of our party was not quite ready to order, she mumbled something under her breath and stomped off. She never came over to see if we liked our breakfast or if we needed anything. In my mind she deserved no tip, however DH was more than generous. It was one of the few times in my life I wanted to leave the server a penny.

3 Thank happytraveler49