“It's the lunch place!”
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 2, 2009

It's the lunch place!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed December 14, 2008

the food was so so,we had to wait for the food so long.....i will not go back

1  Thank buzzar
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I really love this place! After reading about the Red House Cafe on this and other boards, we finally were able to try it last week during our 4 day stay in the Carmel area. We had no reservation and arrived around luntime, hungry after riding the Recreation Trail on our bikes. The restaurant was packed but there was a table for two available in the back of the restaurant, we had no wait.

The inside is very homey and our service was friendly. I ordered the Grilled Cheese sandwich which had red peppers and artichoke hearts. It came with a small tureen of the Tomato Basil soup which was heavenly. My husband had the same and also ordered a Spinach salad which he enjoyed, served with Pears and Feta cheese. We did not have dessert as we were going to Ghiradelli for chocolate sundaes, but everything sounded very yummy.

I can't wait to return again for lunch and possibly dinner. The menus are posted outside, everything sounded wonderful to me that was offered for dinner. Don't miss this place for an excellent meal in a cozy ambiance with down-home service.

3  Thank syrahgirl
Reviewed November 12, 2008

We arrived just at lunchtime and were promptly seated outside on the patio. It was chilly, but they have a heater out there to keep it toasty. Ordered the lentil soup and the grilled cheese. Both were incredible. The grilled cheese had artichokes inside and was served with an orzo salad. My fiance ordered the cheeseburger and fries. He thoroughly enjoyed his meal, especially the fries! Oh, and the grilled cheese came with an olive aioli, which was so yummy! The only thing that I regret was being too full to order desert!

3  Thank TinVegas
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Excellent food. Healthy and tasty. I've tried approximately 20-30 restaurants in the Monterey Bay area, and this is one of my favorites. Their homemade soups are superb. And leave room for dessert... They have a large list, much more than you can digest with your eyes.

3  Thank suntzunine