“Very good but, be watchful for extra charges! ”
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a great little place to celebrate Father's Day. Customer service was impeccable! I called an hour ahead of time to let them know we're on our way and we had literally a 3 minute wait when we got there. Friendly & smiling faces of the employees too.
I only give this 4 stars instead of 5 because I was shocked by the extra charges on the bill. Our waitress suggested extras: (avocado topped on benedict, poached egg on top of salmon with potato pancake) WITHOUT ANY warning of there being charges for them! The kicker was being charged for maple syrup on French toast and pancakes for my kids! At first I was shocked because syrup should automatically come with the pancakes & French toast but when I inquired with the waitress, she said that maple syrup was more expensive then regular syrup. I told her I didn't ask for maple syrup and that she should have let us know and her response was that she will consider that in the future. She still did not remove the charge from the bill! My kids wouldn't know the difference between maple syrup and regular syrup!!!
Just beware of extra charges & inquire whether there will be a charge for anything that is offered to you!
The frittata was good, French Toast was excellent, salmon on potato pancake was good, crab cake benedict was superb & banana pancake was great!

2  Thank Ms_Opinionated
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Wow! You walk in to a chorus of big smiles and hellos. Breakfast was so good. We both had salmon eggs benedict. I saw fresh fruit being served all around me, good coffee, wonderful eggs. They are open for dinner, looked like a good wine selection too. Located in one of the oldest buildings in town

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went on recommendation of the front desk staff at our resort. Apparently they offer a crab cake benedict on the weekends that isn't available during the week. I had to settle for the frittata which was good but not what I was looking forward to. I gave them an "average" rating because they do not have the variety offered by Holly's up the street.

1  Thank Jamaica_Jeff
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great place for a lunch or dinner. Located on Lighthouse in downtown PG the Red House cafe is quaint with great service and food.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our recent return to Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove was just as enjoyable, and I want to update their status regarding credit cards: they now accept them again. Food just as delicious and reasonably priced, but once again, -- the PIE is to die for! Tender crust, juicy and flavorful fruit. We shared ollallieberry and strawberry rhubarb and they were exceptional. GO. Be prepared for a wait.

2  Thank cucinista24