“Perfect Place for Breakfast”
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Having arrived in Monterey without knowing where to go for breakfast we were lucky to drive through the main street of Pacific Grove and find the Red House Cafe. The house itself is fairly small, probably seats no more than 50 people, and has a few tables outside on the front porch and sidewalk. Everything is really well presented, the house and the food. We must have had the perkiest waitress in America serve us and we were treated very well. The drinks and food were served promptly and were very tasty. The menu has a little something for everyone. My husband and I shared the half fruit bowl for $4 and my husband had the chorizo and eggs for $9 and I had a bagel with preserves for $2. I highly recommend the Red House Cafe for breakfast and I'll be sure to visit again the next time that I am in Monterey.

1  Thank MaikoG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed June 18, 2008

This restaurant is very cute--the decor is homey and tres shabby chic. The food is pretty tasty. I enjoyed my portabella sandwich but my husband thought his grass-fed steak was just okay. So we were pretty happy with our meal but the service was a bit slow. We didn't mind because we weren't in a hurry to get anywhere but our kids started getting bored and impatient so we had to miss out on dessert which looked pretty tasty. No biggie though, we walked across the street to the chocolate shoppe and bought $20 worth of truffles and candy and it was chocolate heaven.

1  Thank triptakers
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Monterey, California
Reviewed May 24, 2008

cute french breakfast place.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 20, 2008

This place had been recommended to me by several coworkers, and we were not disappointed! As the name of the cafe implied, its located in a cheery and quaint old house in downtown Pacific Grove on the corner of a residential street. The food was delicious (crab cakes on a bed or crunchy, fresh greens with a fantastic vinegarette), and the service was cheery.

2  Thank snh
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We had dinner here one night in mid-April, 2008. The cafe is small and homey; and if there's a wait to get in, it's worth it. Fresh fish of the day was our choice, and it was done very well. The restaurant is pricey, but the food is very good. Their desserts are way too wonderful! The wait staff was helpful and friendly. Wish we could have enjoyed their breakfasts, we heard they were excellent!

2  Thank fc646