“An annual pilgrimage”
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Carlsbad, California
“An annual pilgrimage”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We always return for the Camembert grilled soft with a fig and port wine reduction to spread atop toasted strips of bread. This year we tried the crab cakes, generous with dungeoness crab...sweet and delicate. Last, we sampled the salmon in a berre blanc sauce with shaved potatoes baked with cheese. What a treat this little downtown restaurant is.

Visited April 2013

Maple Valley, Washington
“A relaxing treat”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked that the building in itself was inviting. I really wanted to sit on the open-air front porch, and when a table became immediately available I felt fortunate. Within minutes I got chilled from the brisk ocean breeze and found a table inside. I am glad I got to experience the charming interior, and I was thrilled they had a wedge of lettuce salad on the menu. I enjoyed that with a cup of coffee. The service was friendly and it seemed the customers were all enjoying themselves...including me.

Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Great local recommendation”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

While staying in nearby Carmel, a local recommended lunch at the Red House Café in nearby Pacific Grove. A quick drive brought us to the quaint town and the equally quaint café on the main street. Great old house ambiance and a tasty lunch. My husband and I both had the soup and sandwich of the day...a homemade roast turkey sandwich with a delicious pea soup. Service was very nice and we left satisfied and pleased to have stumbled onto the Red House Café.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Gem in Pacific Grove!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

A friend recommended Red House Cafe, and I checked it out on Trip Advisor before making reservations. Don't let looks deceive you...the rooms are small, so you feel a little cramped, but the staff is wonderful and the food is amazing. It was also one of the most reasonably priced restaurants we visited during our trip down the coast. I will definitely suggest this place to others!

monterey california
“SKIP THE BENEDICT!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good ambiance.... historical building, hardwood floors, empathetic wait staff and the worst Egg Benedict I've ever been served. Starting with a burnt croissant base (not an english muffin), overdone eggs (closer to soft boiled) the skimpiest portion of ham ever witnessed on a Benedict and the thinnest hollandaise ever encountered, I'd say if you are intent on dining here, try anything else on the menu. My companion had a vegetable frittata which I thought was tasty. Eliminate the Benedict and you might escape with satisfaction. By the way, at $11.50, the Benedict is hardly a bargain.