“Family friendly, delicious food, cozy historic house” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red House Cafe

Red House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Longmont, CO
“Family friendly, delicious food, cozy historic house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We ate here based on the recommendations from other tripadvisor reviewers and were impressed. Our family of 4 was staying in Carmel, but drove here due to the reviews, availability of a discount from restaurants.com, and the desire to see Pacific Grove.
The old house is small but charming, and the waitstaff were very friendly, and attentive.
We ordered the mushroom soup ( delicious) and a salad (also very good). The breads were wonderful and served with an excellent dipping sauce of diced olives.
Our entrees were very enjoyable and tasted fresh. Dessert, which we split, was a huge piece of coconut custard pie - very yummy and a definite hit with the kids.
We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

• Visited August 2011

California
“Very pleasant small restaurant with terrific food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had lunch at the Red House Café on August 4th and could see why the restaurant gets such rave reviews. The house-made lemonade is worth the trip, and the balcony seating made for a pleasant, cool hour. I had the fontina-cheese-and-artichoke sandwich (I skipped the red peppers) and an unexpected pasta salad that was well beyond the norm. My husband had the daily special, a bowl of tomato-basil soup (yummy) and a large half of a turkey-breast sandwish. I just wish we had discovered the Café earlier in our trip.

Note that since January credit cards are not accepted.

• Visited August 2011
San Diego, California
“Cozy Feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I spent 1 night in Pacific Grove so on our way out of town we decided to stop here for breakfast. I checked the reviews before we decided so I already had an idea that it would be great. We arrived right around 8am on a Sunday and we were able to get a great seat outside. The service was great, my husband ordered a latte and it was huge! For breakfast I got the Breakfast Crostini which was perfect. It was just the right amount of food for me, the berries were fresh and went great with the mascarpone and honey. It really was a great meal and such an adorable location.

• Visited June 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
“Must go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were in PGrove 2 nights and loved this place and our waitress, Angela, who is just a great person! Everyone must go here~don't be intimidated by size~food and service far outweighs this.

• Visited July 2011
Suffern, New York
“Quaint & tasty.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

In a good location on lighthouse st downtown. The dinners are really delicious & the bread is freshly made. Even though I was stuffed from dinner we shared the chocolate cake for dessert. I have no words for how excellent it was.