“Bear Claws or Fruit Pastry”

Fourniers Bakery Cafe
Ranked #4 of 4 Bakeries in Pacific Grove
Reviewed April 8, 2019

My husband claimed his bear claw was the best he'd ever eaten. I thought my fruit pasty (some kind of local "raspberry-ish" with cream cheese filling was divine. Then we switched. Yep, both great!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

If you’re tired of pastries that are called Croissants or Danish, that are at best, mediocre, look no farther than Fournier’s in Pacific Grove. No trip to a Paris Cafe required. Made in house daily, these are scrumptious and big enough to share if you are feeling very generous. The also serve lunch every day except Sunday. Good honest value in a small simple setting.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019

I was just looking for a cup of hot tea, and the smell of rosemary drew me in. It turned out to be Foccacia bread in the oven. I had a salami and provolone on fresh focaccia with oil and vinegar and I am still thinking about that sandwich a week later. My husband had the ham and cheese panini and raved about it. We went back the next day for pastries and the danishes are to die for. They are a bakery, so they stop serving lunch at 2 and have limited menu on Sunday. No frills, no fuss, just good fresh food.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 5, 2018

On a corner on Lighthouse, small tables for 2 inside. I had apple pie, it was good. Self serve coffees in pump cannisters. A couple of chairs out front outside. Assorted baked goods.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 20, 2018

we were walking as a family and went in for ice cream. They happened to be closed but were having a family celebration with a big birthday cake. they offered us all a piece and it was one of the best cakes I ever tried. the older gentleman told me he had made it and used to bake for Scotts Bakery that used to occupy that spot. I used to go there and get stuff occasionally. My father also used to go there back in the early '60's.

Date of visit: December 2017