“Beautiful, friendly, delicious California Style.”
Review of Fishwife

Fishwife
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The sister restaurant is in Seaside, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Black beans, rice and gourmet everything. Eat like a lucky local and go to experience the atmosphere and delectable food served California syle.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My son and I walked to this restaurant from our nearby hotel. We had been there once before, and I thought it was good. This time, we both thought it was average. Our server, Augustin, was great, though--very professional. I had the king salmon salad and my son had the crab and shrimp Alfredo. The salmon was cooked perfectly and well-seasoned. It was served with two types of spicy salsas, one made with cabbage. The salad itself was nothing special. My son said that his dish was "average," and the Tiramisu he ordered "tasted like something you would buy at a grocery store bakery." The average food cost per person for dinner is around $18-$22. It was difficult to ascertain the focus of the restaurant, since it had both Mexican and Italian influences. I probably won't return to this restaurant. There are many better ones in the area.

1  Thank Catherine N
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We came to PG to take our son out for his birthday. He heard good things about Fishwife so we decided to try it.
We arrived early and sat at the bar until our son arrived. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. He recommended a beer for me and a wine for my wife. He also gave us a rundown on the dinner menu, which proved to be good advice.
The dinner offerings were interesting. There was a Caribbean fare to many of the items. I had the Prawns Belize, which was very good. I love jicama, so when I saw it was an ingredient in my dish, I had to try it. Both of my sons and wife liked theirs too. One had steak, one pasta, and the other had a fish dish.
If you're in the Monterey area, take a drive along the coastline and make your way to Fishwife.
You will like it and so will your wallet.

1  Thank khub79
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a splendid place for lunch. The fresh fish (dabs) were lovely. The service friendly and efficient. The restaurant fronts a road, but it is hardly busy, indeed the cyclists provide conversation!

2  Thank royparrott
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went for dinner. 2 adults & 2 teens. The prawns Veneto & the halibut with crab ravioli were excellent. The barramundi and the steak not so much. The crab tostaditas appetizer very good. We had 4 dinners, 4 desserts, 1 appetizer, 1 beer & 1 glass of wine for $145.

1  Thank dav8979