“Great food at a reasonable price”
Review of Fishwife

Fishwife
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The sister restaurant is in Seaside, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Fishwife in early October while staying in Pacific Grove. This was the second time we ate there; the first was a couple of years ago in late January. Both times we ate there we found the service to be friendly and efficient. The food was great both times. The prices were very reasonable. If we visit the Pacific Grove area again, that restaurant will be a must visit.

1  Thank mcgman

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Worst food I've had in 6,000 miles of cross country rd trip. The seafood alfredo was canned seafood dumped on precooked pasta, steak was sliced 3 times to check doneness and still arrived far under cooked. The service was good enough and the location was pretty nice, ... but save yourself $50 and order a pizza.

3  Thank pusateridr
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was packed with people, and well organized. Because of it's location, directly off the grounds of Asilomar, and Asilomar does't provide dinner, the Fishwife is an OK place to eat. It's close and easy. Does that qualify for a good rating on tripadvisor.com, hardly. Walk or drive a little farther to find a better meal. Of course if you like fried fish items, and a lot of heavy sauce to cover the quality of your meal then you will be happy at Fishwife.

1  Thank George M
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I had eaten here once before while on vacation 2 years ago, and we looked forward to another well prepared meal. We arrived for lunch and were immediately seated. We opted for lunch as I don’t eat seafood and their dinner menu is limited to only a beef selection. My wife enjoyed a free appetizer from a coupon picked up at our motel. Our waiter was attentive and our meals were well prepared and tasted very good. We enjoyed sharing a special bread pudding dessert that was offered that day. We would look forward to returning here the next time we vacation in this area.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

A hotel employee had suggested eating at Fishwife during our stay in Monterey/Pacific Grove and we are glad we did! My mom and I started with the calamari appetizer. The appetizer was lightly-breaded and included a generous amount of thick, juicy calamari steak strips; enough to share among 2-3 people. We then ordered the Baja Fisherman's Bowl to share as our meal. The presentation of the dish was appealing and the taste matched the description on the menu. The Baja bowl includes shrimp, scallops and crab sautéed in a lobster sauce laid upon a bed of cabbage and accompanied by rice and black beans. This was one of the best meals we shared during our visit to the Monterey area. The portions were large enough to have leftovers for the next afternoon. We were very impressed with our experience!