All reviewsacross the streetlovers pointcannery rowfamily roomrooms are cleanmonterey areafantastic locationlove this placeoceanamenitiesmiletrailofficewharfpgneighbors
Reviewed October 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night passing through while riding up Hwy 1. Let me start with the good... The location is literally on the ocean front. IF you get a room that truly has a full ocean view, you can't beat the price you pay for the room. The staff is up front and honest about that view when booking. Speaking of the staff, they are really nice and helpful. Check-in and check out is a breeze. Right across the street is the trail that goes right along the water line. Again, YOU CAN'T BEAT THE VIEW FOR THE PRICE OF THE ROOM. The bad... The location is very dated and the room we stayed in was pretty small BUT it did the job for an over night stay. The rooms can get a bit cold at night but there are heaters in the room. The Bathroom was very small. I am a bigger guy and the shower was a bit if a challenge but it worked. The bed definitely left a lot to be deisred as well. The walls are thin; I listened to a guy clearing his throat all night and what sounded like a heard of animals on stampede above us. This however is not under the control of the staff. Overall, not a bad place to chill for the night. Did I mention the VIEW?!! Sidenote... Don't look for any type of continental breakfast... coffee, cocoa, and tea is what they offer. There are plenty of places for you to go eat though so no big deal I would think. This is a really basic location, luxury is not the name of the game here.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Biggpoppa4x
Reviewed September 6, 2014

You gotta get there early in the day if you want a true oceanfront, but its not out of this world expensive, and worthy of the view. Right next to Lovers Point, I think its called, and on the ocean front blvd., the daytime activities nearby are hard to beat. Its walkable along craggy beachfront for miles in either direction, and a spectacular mid-peninsula location. Totally worthy for the price.

Room Tip: book early for that oceanfront view
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is all about the location!! The hotel room is clean but it's very plain and very much out-dated with nothing special to offer other than the location. In fact, I found the room rather depressing but if you just need a place to sleep that is all about the perfect location than this is the place for you! The price is extremely reasonable too! We were on the back-side of the hotel so it was very quiet during the night. They do provide hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate packets in the lobby but no coffee maker in the room. Oh yeah, make sure you bring a hair dryer because they don't have them in the hotel rooms. The people at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. Beautiful location across the street from the ocean and close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank soulsisters
Cathy B, General Manager at Borg's Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

We're pleased that you were so satisfied with your recent stay with us! Please know that we DO HAVE hair dryers! Please ask at the Front Desk. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

i was traveling North to research where to bring my ill husband, who as a chemist had helped to bring health to the beaches in Southern California. Borg's was there to provide me with a room for six days when there were few rooms available anywhere on the peninsula. Borg's could have denied me that much time, but they didn't.
My room, which looked out on the parking lot, was very clean, the pillow was delightfully plump, the shower had lots of hot water, and there was a Bible in the nightstand in contrast to another place I stayed. Given my objective, I needed a Bible, and WiFi, which I used to excess. When you exited this room on the second floor, all you had to do was walk down a short hall and you were greeted by a vast expanse of water, which quieted any anxiety you felt. I began to feel that even the parking lot was beautiful. Early on in my stay, as the celebratory noises quieted down, I realized I was hearing the crashing of waves on the beach. I thought "Borg's On The Beach," a family owned motel was aptly named.
Dr. Laurel M. Wilson, PHD

Room Tip: I walked all around Borg's, and discovered that no matter where you were, there was always something beautiful to discover.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank DrLaurelM W
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Borg's Ocean Front Motel may not look like much but it was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect. The staff is friendly and helpful. We woke up, helped ourselves to fresh brewed coffee in the lobby, and walked across the street to Lover's Point to watch the sun come up...outta sight! While the rooms are dated, for the location, the price is unbeatable. Our room actually had 2 rooms with a bed in each room which worked great for our son. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family