Borg's Ocean Front Motel
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Pool
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$127
$120
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$296
$270
Hotels.com
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$109
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$111
Hotels.com
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$170
$120
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$119
All reviewsacross the streetlovers pointamazing locationcannery rowrooms are cleanmonterey areaoceanamenitiestrailofficecoastpgneighbors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've seen this motel for years, but this is the first time that I've stayed there. It's a small motel, it is kept up, but certainly not modern. They have the office with staff that are helpful, free coffee in the morning, and an ice machine...not much more. We had a room for 4 that was upstairs. The room was a good size for us, it was clean, with two comfortable queen beds, a table, no frig, no microwave, no pool, no fitness center, but best of all was the picture window. This is why you have to stay here...the view from the window was amazing!!! We were able to watch Otters an Seals play, and then several times we were able to see whales breach, and spotted quite a few spouts! I've never been able to sit in my room and watch such amazing creatures!!!

You can walk across the street to a pretty park and the ocean. You can walk to several restaurants. Pacific Grove is a beautiful town, and you are right around the corner from Monterey.

I would rather stay at Mom and Pop's motels, rather than the chains. They don't offer all of the amenities that the chains can, but what they do offer out weighs those things! Will I come back again??? Without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HrComsTrbl
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at Borgs for 3 nights, it is right across the street from the beach! It was clean and simple. Grounds were kept nice, well worth saving the extra money for a fancy hotel and have more spending cash to do other fun stuff ;) Staff was friendly, no complaints, we'll be back!

Room Tip: I wish I would have made earlier reses to get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Balilight_13
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Okay, so back in April of 2012 I paid for a room, Room 126, one of my favorites. I had to cancel my reservation many many times. Frank honored my payment and this coming weekend I will be using that reservation, I know many may think this is an old school place but who cares, the rooms are clean, the staff is wonderful and caring, plus you can not beat the location. Room 126 was not available, but room 128 was, I can't wait to have a cocktail while looking down into the ocean and enjoy my coffee in the morning. Pacific Grove .... here I come.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sally G
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Borg for a week for a conference, and was very pleased. The room was very clean, and the location was great. I took a nice walk up the coast each day to the conference at Asilomar. It was a long walk, but I enjoyed the peace and fresh air, and it's a gorgeous coastline there. A breakfast would have been nice, but it's a motel after all. It was also quite cheap for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ethan B
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Location is everything and price is right. Ask for a room with a view and you'll be happy. It's not the Waldorf but it's a clean place to sleep and get around. The staff is friendly and always there to help.

Room Tip: Either ask for the "newer" building for a room with a view or just ask for an ocean front view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple