All reviewsacross the streetlovers pointcannery rowfamily roomrooms are cleanmonterey areafantastic locationlove this placeoceanamenitiesmiletrailofficewharfpgneighbors
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Okay, so back in April of 2012 I paid for a room, Room 126, one of my favorites. I had to cancel my reservation many many times. Frank honored my payment and this coming weekend I will be using that reservation, I know many may think this is an old school place but who cares, the rooms are clean, the staff is wonderful and caring, plus you can not beat the location. Room 126 was not available, but room 128 was, I can't wait to have a cocktail while looking down into the ocean and enjoy my coffee in the morning. Pacific Grove .... here I come.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sally G
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Borg for a week for a conference, and was very pleased. The room was very clean, and the location was great. I took a nice walk up the coast each day to the conference at Asilomar. It was a long walk, but I enjoyed the peace and fresh air, and it's a gorgeous coastline there. A breakfast would have been nice, but it's a motel after all. It was also quite cheap for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ethan B
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Location is everything and price is right. Ask for a room with a view and you'll be happy. It's not the Waldorf but it's a clean place to sleep and get around. The staff is friendly and always there to help.

Room Tip: Either ask for the "newer" building for a room with a view or just ask for an ocean front view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tybittner
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I loved the free coffee and just walking across the street to the incredible view and marine protected ocean park. Lots of locals come to this area to jog, etc...

I actually thought the place was kind of cool since it literally looks untouched since the 70s. Its like seeing a piece of Americana history that doesn't exist much anymore. The place is literally a 70s time capsule. They probably don't realize they could sell their light fixtures on EBAY to 70s collectors.

My only complaint was that the wall are the thinnest I have ever experienced. I could hear normal conversations in the rooms around me. I could also hear the guy snoring in the next room. Also, the bed isn't very comfortable - more on the soggy than firm side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. Probably more exensive. We got something in the back, but I would have liked the ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daydream802836
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I consider myself very low maintenance so I figured with the great reviews that this motel must something great for people who normally stay at hotels but want to try this for the view.

Umm, no. The busy street between the motel and beach almost completely canceled out the view, the walls were super thin and everything about it screamed old motel.

Nothing special. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple