All reviewsacross the streetlovers pointcannery rowfamily roomrooms are cleanmonterey areafantastic locationlove this placeoceanamenitiesmiletrailofficewharfpgneighbors
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I loved the free coffee and just walking across the street to the incredible view and marine protected ocean park. Lots of locals come to this area to jog, etc...

I actually thought the place was kind of cool since it literally looks untouched since the 70s. Its like seeing a piece of Americana history that doesn't exist much anymore. The place is literally a 70s time capsule. They probably don't realize they could sell their light fixtures on EBAY to 70s collectors.

My only complaint was that the wall are the thinnest I have ever experienced. I could hear normal conversations in the rooms around me. I could also hear the guy snoring in the next room. Also, the bed isn't very comfortable - more on the soggy than firm side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. Probably more exensive. We got something in the back, but I would have liked the ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Daydream802836
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I consider myself very low maintenance so I figured with the great reviews that this motel must something great for people who normally stay at hotels but want to try this for the view.

Umm, no. The busy street between the motel and beach almost completely canceled out the view, the walls were super thin and everything about it screamed old motel.

Nothing special. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank amyskis
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to book a weekend stay at this motel. We stayed in room 150, corner unit with ocean views. I couldn't have been happier with the spectacular view of the ocean and Lover's Point. The room does need some updating but it is very, very clean. The bed was comfortable but it's the location that will keep us coming back. There is quite a bit of traffic during the day but by 9:00 pm, it was pretty quiet. I could hear the ocean waves all night long. We walked to the Beach House Restaurant for excellent food. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for room 150, king size bed, two windows that open and face the ocean and corner unit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Settles1961
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The Borg is undoubtedly the best value and location you can get around pacific grove, close to Monterey Bay. Falling asleep and waking up to waves is amazing; you can't get any closer to the shore than this!! There are a few downfalls, but you get what you pay for in this area!

Pros: proximity to the shore, lover's point, shopping, and dining. Cleanliness of the facilities and price for the view!

Cons: close to the attraction means tourists and maybe some riff raff; phone connection is poir in this area; the buses can get loud too during the day - but why are you in the room!?!?!

Pacific grove is very family friendly with great dining in the area... Might be hard to find a pub though if you're looking for one... The closest is at Monterey.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank izuj
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Clean and tidy rooms, large free car park with rooms starting at $89 a night.
Found this motel via tourist information office who was really helpful and made the booking for us. Really lovely walk from here into town centre, but the views from the hotel were amazing!!!! Yes you can probably get a more modern room at another hotel but what you will not get are the views and it will cost you 3 times the price, Best Western $249 a night plus $13 to park your car and a view of the holiday in across the street!! No breakfast facilities but offer coffee in the lobby every morning, you can even hear the seals! really glad we found this place for our road trip

Room Tip: Room with a partial view gives you a great view into town, out to sea and over the bay $109
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple