All reviewsacross the streetlovers pointcannery rowfamily roomrooms are cleanmonterey areafantastic locationlove this placeoceanamenitiesmiletrailofficewharfpgneighbors
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We loved this motel.It isn't fancy, but it is clean. They only provide soap and towels so you'll need to bring shampoo etc and a hairdryer. It is in a great location. You can walk to the quaint downtown area and restaurants like the Red House( loved it). We walked to Monterrey in about 20 minutes one day. That saves on paying for parking.
It has the most amazing view! The gorgeous pink plant was blooming when we were there. We had a room on the second floor. They provide chairs to sit and enjoy the ocean view. Bring binoculars and watch the wildlife. We went for a walk every day on the path across from the motel that runs along the ocean.
Pacific Grove is a great place to be and we'd stay at Borg's again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annvrsytrip
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is the first time i've used trip advisor to look up hotels. I came to Monterey for the Laguna Seca races and I tried getting a hotel a week before and nothing! And if there was anything available they wanted nearly 300 bucks for 1 night! Insane:( so I finally called Borg's and the lady on the phone named mary was very very helpful and let me know there was a cancellation and I got the room for a great rate for such short notice and on such a busy weekend! I'm here in the room right now and the reviews were right about the tiny shower but it's good enough! The room is really clean and nothing looks moldy or dirty or old! It looks in tip top shape. The bed is very comfy and the pillows are awesome:) they have basic cable channels and that works for me! The parking is good and omg the view is beautiful! The ocean is right here! The aquarium is like 15 min walk away! And the bike trail is a great path to walk to cannery row. I love this place and I will definitely be back because it's that awesome. I love Monterey!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Supervetty
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The motel is spartan and faces the beach, which is mostly rocky. The road is between the beach and the motel. The tv is not flatscreen. The shower is tiny. The bed was appropriately firm and NOT bowed in the middle. We paid $138 for a queen and a full size (4 people); the full size was in a small separate room. The price seemed good for the location, 2 rooms, and convenience. I would stay there again. I don't think my wife would. They do have free wifi, which did not seem to be advertised. The motel has its own parking lot. Parking is not always easy in pacific grove.

There is a nicely protected public sandy beach a mile or so toward the aquarium. We rented kayaks, paddled out, and saw lots of sea otters paddling around.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sidip
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here during our drive down the coast. The views can't be beat and it is priced right. Free Wifi was nice. The rooms very old but very clean and comfy beds. The front desk staff members were very friendly. Definitely recommend this place. Close to the Pacific Grove gate to the 17 Mile Drive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kdb123
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I love places like this...full ocean view right across from the bike/walking path that edges the ocean. This is an older well maintained property, very clean. Basic older furnishings but step outside your door, pull up a chair, pour yourself a glass of wine and gaze upon the Pacific Ocean. If you are the type that likes to spend time in a fancy room this is not the place for you. My number one concern is cleanliness, location, price, the rest is icing on the cake. At Borg's I got it all plus the icing, a spectacular view.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple