We stayed here based on a recommendation from friends. We were a little hesitant because it is a pet-friendly place and we didn't want the noise or smells of animals. Fortunately, there were neither. We had a very pleasant time.
We stayed in room 103, which is a king bed, kitchen, fireplace, very slight ocean view, but no patio. Rooms 101 and 102 have the same amenities but also enjoy a patio. We liked room 103 because you only share a very small portion of the kitchen wall with room 102. There is no adjoining room on the other side so there is less chances of hearing neighbors.
We walked the property to see what the other buildings look like. It appears rooms 104, 105, 106, and 107 are all together with 104 and 107 being end units.
Room 109 is an upstairs unit. Apparently it is above a storage shed or maintenance building. We spoke to someone who stayed there and they said if you are gone during the day you don't ever hear the staff below you and it is a very nice secluded room.
Rooms 110 to 117 are together. Rooms 118 to 120 are together. It seems 120 would be a little noisy being next to the road.
Rooms 121 and 122 are above the lobby. We didn't speak to anyone staying there but it seems like they would be noisier than the others because the door to the lobby is constantly opening and closing all morning for the continental breakfast.
Speaking of the continental breakfast, we liked it. We read some reviews that put the breakfast down as a negative, but it is exactly what is advertised: bagels, packaged danishes, muffins, some fruit, and coffee.
Here are just a few more notes: the staff was very nice and helpful, be careful of the fireplace because the face of it gets very hot and children can easily be hurt, no rooms truly have an ocean view (more of a sliver of ocean view), there were deer grazing on the grounds each morning, Pacific Grove is a much quieter stay than Monterey and only ten minutes away from the aquarium.
Hope that helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint and Quiet Lodging in Pacific Grove, CaliforniaThe Bide-A-Wee Inn and Cottages is a quaint and quiet rustic inn on the tip of the Monterey Peninsula offering pet friendly lodging accommodations. Nestled in a beautifully wooded area on Asilomar Blvd., in Pacific Grove CA, the Bide-A-Wee is just a 3 minute walk from the Pacific Ocean, Point Pinos Lighthouse and the Pacific Grove Golf course. Enjoy miles of beautiful walk and bike paths, or experience the "17 Mile Drive", one of the most famous and magnificent stretches of road in the country, which showcases the spectacular Pacific shoreline and vast ocean view. Just minutes away are the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row, as well as the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Links.The Bide-A-Wee Inn & Cottages is just a 10 minute drive away from Carmel and all Monterey tourist attractions, and many of the finest restaurants and shops are just a 5 minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn And Cottages
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn & Cottages Hotel Pacific Grove