“Loved our stay!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Lodi, Ca
“Loved our stay!”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Loved our room. lots of space for my son (two years) to run and play. We were walking distance to beautiful Asilomar Beach as well as super close driving to local attractions and yummy places to eat. We slept great and everyone was super nice to us. We plan on making this a regular stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Stockton, Ca.
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My husband and i go with our kids all the time. This time I brought my older kids and my mom. Always a warm, cozy, homey, friendly place to be. The only place I come and stay when in Monterey/Pacific Grove. I cook, have a nice fire every night. The little ones run to the office for movies every time. We love Andril!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Stockton, California
Reviewed August 15, 2009

A friend recommended this place and treated us to one night as a gift, and we are so happy she did. We now have a favorite place to stay when we visit the Monterey area. When we first saw the pictures from their website we were a bit skeptical but the pictures don't do it justice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I say "rooms" because we originally packed up when our reservation was up, left to go home, decided we wanted to extend our getaway weekend, tried to find other lodging, but came right back here when all the others were overpriced for what you got. The second room was just a nice as the first, the staff very accommodating and we loved the complementary movies, since we really only wanted to relax. And that we did. Hope you find your trip here just as pleasant as we did.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed here for our wedding at Asilomar and for the most part the facilities were great. We were in the Casa Linda suite which apparently is adjacent to the workshop with a VERY LOUD swinging gate attached to Casa Linda in a way that really amplified the sound whenever it banged shut. The Sunday morning after our wedding we were awakened at 7AM by the workshop door banging every five minutes all morning. It was horrible after having stayed up till 5ish the night before. The lack of consideration for guests paying in the range of $500 a night was unacceptable.

Stayed April 2006
Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We only stayed here for one night and were happy with our choice for the price. We had a two bedroom, two bath cottage. It was very roomy and clean. Clean is always my priority. One thing I did not realize when I booked was that there is another unit above this one. We did hear foot noise occasionally, but fortunately it was not bad. It did wake me up however in the morning. If you had a family of rambunctious children above you, I imagine it would be a bit irritating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happytraveler49
San Diego
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We just returned from our Honeymoon where we took a trip up the California Coast and planned to spend 2 nights in Monterey, CA. We were originally booked at Asilomar Conference Grounds which was horrendous and forced us to search for another hotel. That search led us down the street to Andril's Fireplace Cottages. The experience, from checking in to checking out, was incredible. They really understand guest service and how to take care of folks. Our cottage was a romantic haven and on the day it rained, we had no problem just staying inside and enjoying the fire and a few movies. We loved it so much, we extended our stay another night and plan to return every year for our anniversary.

• Liked — The fully stocked wood bin for a warm fire in the fireplace on a cold night
  • Disliked — We couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank terrilu
Perth, U.K.
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I was completely happy with everything about the cottages; the setting, the grounds, the location, and most of the staff were all remarkably splendid. What burned me was the snide, rude, and ultimately condescending tone of the owner, Kevin Smith. I am a young traveler (under 30) but have traveled to many destinations around the world. I am very familiar with the difference between a quirky personality and a jerk; regrettably, Kevin Smith is the latter.
I would recommend staying at Andril's to anyone visiting Pacific Grove, but would advise young people to be ready to receive shabby treatment from the uncharitable and persnickety Kevin Smith.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Dutcmalcolms
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
#13 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove

Been to Andril Fireplace Cottages? Share your experiences!