“Great food and service. Best on our trip”
Review of il vecchio

il vecchio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award winning authentic Italian food on the Monterey Peninsula. We serve dinner every night from 5 pm, Lunch Monday - Friday noon til 1:30 pm and Sunday Brunch every Sunday from 11 am - 2 pm. You will enjoy our wine list with very reasonably priced wonderful wines. We also serve beer. We have a catering menu and host rehearsal dinners and other special occasion large parties. Our food is loved by the locals for being consistently fresh and delicious. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Forest Hill, MD
“Great food and service. Best on our trip”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Great seasonal salad and pasta dinners. Service was excellent, friendly and timely. Cannoli was crisp and very tasty. Would return in a second, highly recommend this restaurant

Visited June 2014

The World
“The Monday Night Adventure Dinner was very good”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Il Vecchio, 110 Central Ave., Pacific Grove, CA 93950, tel. 831-324-4282, www.ilvecchiorestaurant.com. Charlie was our server and we liked him. We ordered a Capestrano Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo, a wine we always liked when we were living in Italy ($28). We had the Monday Night Adventure Dinners ($23 each) which were 5 courses. The first course was a bruschetta with goat cheese and small, diced sweet pepper on top. Then we had a roasted carrot soup that was very good. The third course was a very good salad. The fourth course was a baked polenta topped with parmesan cheese and vegetable. The polenta was perfectly cooked and the combination was very good. For the fifth course there was a choice between a beef stew and a cioppino. We ordered one of each and the cioppino was the much better of the two. For an extra cost of $6 we had one cannoli for dessert. It was crunchy and we liked it. The meal was fun and we enjoyed it. We spent $86.60 plus tip.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank aledm
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I had dinner on a Monday evening where there is a different menu a small plates selection - 3 plates for $15, additional plates are $5. The size of the plates were sufficient and the food tasted great. My gluten free diet was well catered for, especially with desserts. The restaurant has a good atmosphere, friendly service and is a bit eclectic in decor but fits right in. A great night and terrific value for money

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank FionaandJames
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding Local Spot”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

When I travel I always enjoy finding one of the spots the Locals enjoy.

This is it. I'm going to have to go back and try this several more times.

I joined several friends on Monday evening June 16th and found the Monday night special where you can order 3 dishes for $15. it's kind of like small plates and the portions are perfectly sized so you come away completely satisfied. I had the Insalata Barbe Rosse – artisan greens, baked red beets, garlic vinaigrette, gorgonzola, followed by Verdure Alla Griglia – grilled seasonal vegetables, sprinkle of parmesan and the Pesce Pizzaiola - wild rock cod, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, garlic, fresh spinach.

I have to tell you the Pesce Pizzaiola had an amazing sauce and I wound up wiping the plate with the bread so I didn't miss a drop. It was great!

We topped off our evening with Dessert, and I almost never do that. My choice was the Prince. Vanilla Ice Cream with a strawberry puree and an awesome Balsamic. It was awesome. If it's on the menu when you visit please try this. You typically think of Balsamic in a salad dressing but the contrast with the strawberry and vanilla is unlike anything I could have imagined.

This place is not pretentious, the food is awesome and it's as family friendly as it gets.

If you're in town, this is a must try!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MBVPHASE6
Mill Valley, California
“Great all around. ”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service, yummy food and nice ambiance made this a great choice for a Friday family meal. The soups were superb and lamb with wide noodles satisfying.