“Great local meal”

Holly's Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #20 of 80 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great little local find that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is fresh and it is very popular in Pacific Grove.
Seattle
“Great local meal”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After an early morning walk in Monterey we headed over to Pacific Grove for a late breakfast/early lunch.

Holly's has a great menu and a very professional, low key staff. Low key does not mean dis-interested, it merely means no pressure, no hovering.

We will return on our next visit south.

Newark, California
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We "stumbled upon" Holly's and were delightfully surprised. Breakfast menu has something for everyone - my omelet was delicious. Prices are more than fair. We will go back for breakfast next time we're in the area.

Oakland, California
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Holly's was busy busy when we went, but we still didn't wait long as we were willing to sit at the counter. That allowed us to chat with the friendly staff and get great service as well.

The food was good - I enjoyed my eggs florentine and the boy had chicken-fried steak.

We left satisfied and happy

Visited May 2013
Hacienda Heights, California
“Great food and fun!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food is great!! We ate there for lunch then went back the next day for breakfast. The biscuits and gravy are really good. The pancakes are good too. There were 5 of us and we all enjoyed everything we ordered. We are from LA and going back to Monterey next weekend and we can't wait to go back to eat here. There's a very funny waiter there too, he cracked us up!!!

• Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing food, odd service & expired beer”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

When I think about the overall experience at Holly's, I sort of just chuckle to myself and feel a bit flabbergasted. There were so many things that were great, but some other things that were strange and bad.

But let's start with what's most important - the food! I ordered the 2x2x2 (eggs, bacon & pancakes). I'm not usually a pancake fan but when looking around the room they appeared delicious... and they were! I don't know what they put in their recipe but I could not stop eating them. We also ordered a bowl of fruit, which was beyond. It sounds like they either cut the fruit to order, or at least that morning. A fantastic mix of mangoes, strawberries, kiwis, watermelon - not your standard soggy mix of melons. My husband ordered the BBQ chicken wrap with the housecut fries. The fries were so so good, and my husband really enjoyed the wrap (which was huge!!!).

So why not 5 stars? Well for one, my husband ordered a beer and immediately noticed it tasted a bit off. He then looked at the bottle, and it was expired! Per the bottle it should have been severed "110 days from April 6, 2011" for maximum freshness. He unfortunately got it 755 days later!

In any other circumstance we would have sent it back, but the service here is wacky. We were ignored for quite a while when we first sat down... seemingly on purpose. It's a small place, and we were trying to flag them (the owner, waitress and bus boy) and could not get their attention. However, when the waitress did come over she was so nice! Tons of recommendations, super personable, and complementary... then we'd get ignored some more. We basically just tried to sit there as politely as possible so we wouldn't anger them off in any way, ha!

Thankfully the food was good enough to wash away the taste of stale beer.