“Just adequate for breakfast”

Holly's Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great little local find that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is fresh and it is very popular in Pacific Grove.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I tried to like Holly's Lighthouse, having been there twice, but I'll try other places for breakfast when in PG. The food is pretty good but at 8am, the music was a bit too loud, the two ceiling fans were on full blast and the door was wide open to the chilly weather. Had to go get my jacket just to be comfortable. The lox and bagel I had was good as was the artichoke omelet for the wife. I think they need to pay a little more attention to the comfort of the customer. Oh, and by the way, the coffee was weak and tasteless. C'mon Holly, charge another 25 cents and give us Peets or some local roaster.

Date of visit: September 2011
2  Thank RicoPesto

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had a party of 16 people and they were very accommodating. The food was good with lots of unique breakfast dishes.

Date of visit: August 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Atmosphere is down home but so loud can't hear someone next to me. Food was almost good, but bland in spiciness (potato salad and egg salad bland) and all of our sandwiches had stale over toasted bread. The pie was great though! It totaled out to $20 a person. Too much for the harried slightly unfriendly staff and just ok food

1  Thank lenlizza
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Holly's is "down home" Pacific Grove. The staff is warm and friendly, and they make you feel right at home. The food is awesome. Great selection with a local flair, and plenty of it. The atmosphere is cozy, historical and inviting. When my husband and I are in Pacific Grove, we always go to Holly's. Sometimes on a weekend morning there is a wait for a table as it is not a big restaurant. It's worth the wait!!!

Date of visit: March 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant while we were in Monterey for my brother's wedding in April. We sure were glad we did. The breakfast was ample, tasty and reasonably priced. The staff seemed to know many of the folks in that day, and it definitely seemed like a place local folks would enjoy. We would definitely go back, should we find our way back to Monterey.

Date of visit: April 2011