“Our experience was great!”
Review of Ice Cream Shoppe

Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Pacific Grove
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Not too concerned about the military comment. My son (who's in the military) has told me a number of times that most people would be shocked if they really knew the truth about stuff. That was under Bush and now it's way worse with Obama. My ex (also from the military) used to say the same thing. That's life. Also, the media distorts the truth unbelievably so unless an eye/ear witness to the actual incident writes a review, I'll take all this with a grain of salt. In the meantime, my husband and I had a great 2 hours with Gary back in Oct. 2008. We Loved all the decor! So much to read, look at, listen to. The ice cream was OK, the coffee delicious, overpriced but, our time there and fun w/ Gary made it all worth it. No, the place wasn't the cleanest I've ever been in but my mother always said, " you gotta eat a peck a dirt before you die" It's also too bad that people are quick to judge w/o all the facts and they're too insecure for a challenging conversation with someone with opposing views or opinions. Go to the Ice Cream Shoppe! Don't be afraid of a little dirt. Life is short - don't be so picky. See the glass 1/2 FULL not 1/2 empty!!! Economy not so great now and I'm still unemployed but we still make time and even spend unnecessarily now and then to make good memories.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

This little ice cream store on Lighthouse Ave. is FUNKY but fun! Lots of Beatles memorablia, colorful lights strung everywhere and some wild ice cream flavors! Rum Raisin, Santa's Sundae, Date Casablanca (my husband's favorite!), Kona Fudge, Strawberry Margarita, Blueberry Cheesecake, Raspberry Brownie Coconut Macadamia Nut, Guava Cheesecake, Banana Caramel Chocolate Chip, Mendocino Pumpkin ... just to name a few!

It's cluttered but clean and has some great benches outside to relax on and enjoy the fresh air! We liked it so much we went two nights in a row on our recent visit ...

Reviewed February 16, 2010

This place has a very fun atmosphere with Beatles memorabilia adorning all the walls and good music playing. The ice cream is great with lots of flavors to choose from and great homemade waffle cones. Only weird thing is that the owner only gives one sample per customer! How strange is that?? And the guy weighs the ice cream as well so you don't get too much. Not big enough of an issue to not go and visit, but be prepared for a frugal ice cream shop owner!

Reviewed December 15, 2009

This is no ordinary ice cream shoppe. The freshly made ice cream and waffle cones are delicious and the decor is decidedly early British invasion (1960's). While eating a very tasty kona coffee with mocha fudge ice cream cone, I spent time looking at very rare Beatle albums as their music filled the shop. If you like great ice cream and some of the best music ever made, be sure to stop by the Ice Cream Shoppe in Pacific Grove.

Reviewed November 4, 2009

If you live in Monterey County or you are visiting the area, you MUST check out the Ice Cream Shoppe & Beatles Museum in Pacific Grove. First of all, the ice cream is scrumptious and available in over 60 flavors, even a fat free sugar free version for those of us looking to be careful. The organic fresh fruit smoothies that include a fabulous blend of tropical flavors are worth the drive. And, I am a frequent fan of the delicious Mr. Espresso and Lappert Coffee Drinks. Plus, sometimes I bring my computer and have ice cream, a smoothie and a coffee drink. My favorite aspect is the amazing collection of Beatles and other rock music memorabilia that adorns nearly every inch of the shoppe. It's fun, clean and delicious. Don't miss it!