“An interesting place and good ice cream”
Review of Ice Cream Shoppe

Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Pacific Grove
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I were driving through town, and stopped to get some ice cream. As the other reviewers stated, there is plenty of "funky memorabilia" throughout the store. The owner was not rude, but not very friendly either. I had one scoop of ice cream in a very small cup, and my wife had a scoop in a cone. The cones are made there, so there was an extra charge.

Although the ice cream was good, we felt that two very small scoops of ice cream and one cone totalling about $8 seemed a bit pricey.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Try the chocolate chip, the mint flavors and the coffee. His waffle cones are handmade on site.
He has this great selection of unusual root beers. The big problem is which one to pick! He will also sell you bulk to take home. Where else can you find a real independent ice cream shoppe?
The owner is a real character, a real one of a kind. Or...is the shoppe just the way it was in America way back when? This is real personalized service with a cheery guy like you'd find in old upcountry New England. This shoppe is a real old fashioned treat!!
( I found the owner a real friendly character when I first visited a couple of years ago on the recommendation of a friend. I invited him to my shop because he values good products like I do. We ARE mutual customers, but that started because of his great products and services. So I DO have a business relationship with the owner that started because his shoppe is so great!) (The certification below is nonsense, because that cuts out those of us who really love his products~~~~~~~)

Reviewed September 18, 2012

A step back to the past...fun to look at and has very good ice cream & lots of flavors. Also has espresso, but we did not try it.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I come here at least once a week for the ice cream! The best ice cream I've ever had. My favorite is the Kona Coffee one (it has a little red ribbon next to the name). I was surprised by a delicious pint of it on my birthday!! Will continue to come here often. Atmosphere is pretty cool, lots of stuff to look at. Nice staff and helpful. Open til 10pm!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went here our last night in town. Once you walk in the door, the Beatles music is blasting and the place is chock full of Beatles memorabilia. There is some Jimi Hendrix stuff there as well. It was a real trip for us to see all this. The sign out front says it features Lapperts ice cream, but most of what I saw was home made. For each of my kids's order, their waffle cone was made fresh. The coffee chocolate ice cream I had, was the best ice cream I've hard in a long time. This is a real Pacific Grove treasure. Come for the trip down memory lane, but stay for the ice cream!