“Meal w/ a view”
Review of Point Pinos Grill

Point Pinos Grill
Ranked #37 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Point Pinos Grill, situated next to the Pacific Grove Golf Links and Point Pinos Lighthouse, offers breakfast, lunch, happy hour, dinner and a drink menu... ... With a view of the Pacific Ocean crashing against the rocks of Point Pinos across the Pacific Grove Golf Links Course.
Reno, Nevada
“Meal w/ a view”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice breakfast , there was nice variety on the menus . They do breakfast, lunch, and afternoon appetizers. Plus dinner several nights a week. The atmosphere is casual as it is at a golf course.

California
“Where is the chef?”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are locals. We visited mid-January for dinner, mid week. Our first course of fried Calamari was outstanding, and the house Merlot was very good. BUT both of our main courses were not edible for the following reasons. My husband ordered the Cioppino. It arrived with nice big chunks of crab, mussels, etc. Only 1/2 cup of sauce.....which was "sweet". He asked for a "cracker" to open the crab. They had none. At the time the waiter came by for my husband to ask that question. The waiter then asked how was our food? I said that my duck breast was too rare (almost bloody in the center and very chewy).....which was served on a small mound of sauteed finely shredded vegetables. The waiter just turned on his heel and left. Nothing more. I ate a bit and took most of it home to cook off myself in order to eat it the next day for lunch. The service in other words was way to casual. Wondered "who" was in the kitchen, and who had planned the cioppino without the implements to eat it properly>>>??? Too expensive for the service and food served to us.

• Visited January 2013
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Beer Dinner Delight”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had company in town so I was looking for a fun experience and stumbled upon a Beer Dinner at Point Pinos Grill. The dinner was outstanding. Excellent food and beer pairings that I would never had considered otherwise. Plus, I had the best dessert - ever. Period. I don't recall exactly what it was called but it was some sort of delightful ice cream cookie rolled in coco nibs! I am eager to go back for a "regular" meal to see if the food is as good when it isn't a special event but I am pretty sure it will be!

• Visited September 2012
Scotts Valley CA
“due to circumstances out of their control ......”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

the prices are a bit high considering the ambience ......

but because the food and service is good, I'll give them an extra half a star ......

It's located at Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. Even during the day, the food is a cut above the ordinary sandwiches and hot dogs, even though you can order at the counter. Sandwiches are around $13.

For dinner, the average entree is around $25. The portions are barely sufficient and do not come with a soup or salad. However - the food is tasty and inventive. The rolls melted in my mouth - nothing like good carbs and fat !

The menus had gotten mixed up and we were seated for dinner with the lunch menus ..... the Belizean chicken sounded very tasty, but when the dinner menu was presented, the burger sounded better .... $14 at dinner vs $13 at lunch. My husband ordered the paella, which had fresh seafood and the rice was delicately flavored.

It's odd to me that a restaurant at the other end of town is overflowing with business, yet their service is the most mediocre for the prices they are charging. Here, the service is warm and friendly and timely, yet on a Friday night there were plenty of empty tables. I guess it's true - location, location, location, just like in the real estate business ....

Overall - let's give them some business to help them overcome the onerous restrictions placed on them by the neighbors. The food is good and interesting, so you won't be disappointed. If you're hesitant, see if a restaurant.com coupon is available. They are trying hard to make a success here, so we can help them out a little bit by giving them some business .......

• Visited November 2012
SLO
“Locals know about this one”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went for lunch with a friend. Not a golf course restaurant, altho its on one, the food and service are tops. Pricing is moderate and the wine list is very good and reasonably priced for some outstanding Calif and Oregon wines. I chose the crispy chicken sandwich which was several cuts above the usual chicken club. Can't speak for the others at the table tho the menu is innovative without being off-putting. Oregon King Estate Pino Gris was the perfect accompaniment.

• Visited November 2012