“ok” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Bonn
“ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here because registration at Sunset Inn (which is superiour) had already closed for the night and the receptionist of the Sea Breeze Lodge was still present because he was waiting for another customer. The room was quite acceptable value for the price. I disliked that there was no heating in the bathroom. Also, noise insulation to other rooms is not very good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
West Sacra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have been coming here for years! It is a great clean and charming place to go and escape. The Lodge is just minutes from the ocean. The staff is always accomodating and gives great advice on what to see and where to go out and eat! They accept pets as well. Sea Breeze Lodge has become our go to place to get away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stewart V
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We came to the Sea Breeze on our Anniversary! We fell in love with the Sea Breeze. The staff is the BEST! The rooms are very clean and have a lovely set up! The beds are very comfortable. The grounds are very well kept and inviting. This is an excellent value for the money.

We will be back very soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We were checking out someplace new for us in the Monterey/Pacific Grove area and we really were glad that we came here. Although the buildings are older (as many are in this area) our cabin had been nicely renovated. Our cabin was very quiet and made us feel that we were off by ourselves, very peaceful, we were sorry that we couldn't stay longer. It's very near some of our favorite places, the Municipal golf Course, the view at Lighthouse Point and our favorite restaurant in the area, the Fishwife. I'm a person that likes "bang for my buck" and feel that I received that here. I've recommended it to my friends and I'm already looking to book a few more nights there. The Lodge is away from the main attractions in the area, but that's part of what appealed to us. We've been coming to the area on a regular basis for the last 35 years, but we usually travel "off-season" and during the weekdays to keep cost and tourists down...smile. I'll let you know if my opinion changes after my next trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teddy S
Vacaville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We will never stay at this hotel again, and may not even attempt to stay in the Monterey Bay area again. After many disappointments, this was no different. Extremely high prices for shoddy accommodations. We were looking for something with three beds to accommodate my daughter, mother-in-law and my husband and myself. After a great deal of research I thought I had found the perfect situation a "Two-room Suite." What a joke. We walked in, two queen beds dominated the room; extremely small bathroom, the next room had a double-bed and mini-couch and coffee table that took up most of the room. So crowded you could barely breathe. We are usually not incredibly picky, but this was awful.The room was decorated okay, and bedding was comfortable but the entire room smelled of mold. When we came home, our clothing smelled of mold. When, making reservations, I repeatedly asked if this room would be comfortable for four people. I was assured that it would be; it was not comfortable at all. We are not very big people but could barely move around. After check-in I asked for larger accommodations and was told there was nothing any bigger. So called, continental breakfast consisted of Costco muffins, oatmeal and orange juice and they did not open on time in the morning. Just tired of being ripped off in Monterey. By the way, you also need to ask for refrig., coffee maker and microwave (something you would assume would be in a "suite") which they crammed into a closet area. Poor quality toiletries and coffee. Nothing extra in this place. You would think for almost $200 per night we could get something decent.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 421. Smells o
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank mtncpl06
Arvada, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Sea Breeze Lodge for 1 night in Sept. I was very surprized that the hotel ranked so well here on Trip Advisor. The rooms are very small with no A/C or fan of any type. The room was clean and the bed confortable but just an older hotel. I wouldnt say it was a bad hotel I would just look for somewhere else myself next time Im in that area. It was also away from all the main attractions. I would probably not recommend or stay at the hotel again,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bjcoan
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Lodge is about 0.5 miles out of the main shopping/restaurant area of Pacific Grove, which makes for a pleasant walk in the evening. It's located at the quieter end of town, and is very near to the coast, lighthouse, etc.

Having stayed, I'm not sure that the "in person" experience is as good as the professional pictures of the rooms on the web make out. The lodge is effectively made up of a series of wooden sheds, and the one we stayed in was starting to show it's age to be honest. While the bedroom area has been nicely redecorated at some point recently, the bathroom in our room was looking very very tired and in desperate need of renovation. For example, the bath was badly stained and the enamel surface cracked and lifting in many places across the base. The flooring in the bathroom also looked like it had seen better days a few years ago. At the price we paid for the room, I'd have expected a tidy and well serviced bathroom.

A couple of other reviewers have commented on the sound proofing issues. There does seem to be a problem, and we heard "noises" from adjacent rooms.

While the staff were very friendly and helpful, the "issues" we had with the quality of the room mean we'd look at other Motels/Lodges if we were to re-visit Pacific Grove in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lovers Point Inn
#9 of 17 in Pacific Grove
4.0 of 5 stars 678 reviews
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa

Been to Monterey Peninsula Inn? Share your experiences!