Monterey Peninsula Inn
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$159
$125
  • Pool
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$159
BestWestern.com
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$140
$130
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$109
$149
$98
Lighthouse Lodge
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmonterey peninsuladog bedfire pithot tubroom was cleancontinental breakfastoatmealsmall kitchenthe staff was friendly and helpfulcoffee makergreat roomtwo queen bedswithin walking distancemile drivenice stayeasy accesswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We will never stay at this hotel again, and may not even attempt to stay in the Monterey Bay area again. After many disappointments, this was no different. Extremely high prices for shoddy accommodations. We were looking for something with three beds to accommodate my daughter, mother-in-law and my husband and myself. After a great deal of research I thought I had found the perfect situation a "Two-room Suite." What a joke. We walked in, two queen beds dominated the room; extremely small bathroom, the next room had a double-bed and mini-couch and coffee table that took up most of the room. So crowded you could barely breathe. We are usually not incredibly picky, but this was awful.The room was decorated okay, and bedding was comfortable but the entire room smelled of mold. When we came home, our clothing smelled of mold. When, making reservations, I repeatedly asked if this room would be comfortable for four people. I was assured that it would be; it was not comfortable at all. We are not very big people but could barely move around. After check-in I asked for larger accommodations and was told there was nothing any bigger. So called, continental breakfast consisted of Costco muffins, oatmeal and orange juice and they did not open on time in the morning. Just tired of being ripped off in Monterey. By the way, you also need to ask for refrig., coffee maker and microwave (something you would assume would be in a "suite") which they crammed into a closet area. Poor quality toiletries and coffee. Nothing extra in this place. You would think for almost $200 per night we could get something decent.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 421. Smells o
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mtncpl06
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Sea Breeze Lodge for 1 night in Sept. I was very surprized that the hotel ranked so well here on Trip Advisor. The rooms are very small with no A/C or fan of any type. The room was clean and the bed confortable but just an older hotel. I wouldnt say it was a bad hotel I would just look for somewhere else myself next time Im in that area. It was also away from all the main attractions. I would probably not recommend or stay at the hotel again,

3  Thank bjcoan
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Lodge is about 0.5 miles out of the main shopping/restaurant area of Pacific Grove, which makes for a pleasant walk in the evening. It's located at the quieter end of town, and is very near to the coast, lighthouse, etc.

Having stayed, I'm not sure that the "in person" experience is as good as the professional pictures of the rooms on the web make out. The lodge is effectively made up of a series of wooden sheds, and the one we stayed in was starting to show it's age to be honest. While the bedroom area has been nicely redecorated at some point recently, the bathroom in our room was looking very very tired and in desperate need of renovation. For example, the bath was badly stained and the enamel surface cracked and lifting in many places across the base. The flooring in the bathroom also looked like it had seen better days a few years ago. At the price we paid for the room, I'd have expected a tidy and well serviced bathroom.

A couple of other reviewers have commented on the sound proofing issues. There does seem to be a problem, and we heard "noises" from adjacent rooms.

While the staff were very friendly and helpful, the "issues" we had with the quality of the room mean we'd look at other Motels/Lodges if we were to re-visit Pacific Grove in the future.

3  Thank Round_t_World
Reviewed September 8, 2011

One chair, no desk, local channels, cheap towels and bedding. Cracked bathtub, microwave and coffee maker on bathroom counter. No dresser, broken fridge. No window coverings and light shines into room... Old and run down, but clean

Room Tip: Room was set up for one person and not . I had to sit on bed with laptop to conduct business as there was no desk either.
2  Thank Orchard Orchid
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I would never dismiss someone else's experiences but, I'm surprised to see a bad review for July 2011. My son and I stayed there July 17-20. They were extremely nice and accommodating. They printed my boarding passes and packed me a muffin for an early morning flight. The rooms where comfortable and clean. My son jumped in the hot tub most every night. For the price we got more than I expected. They don't claim to be a five star hotel nor should we expect that. The only small complaint i'd have, is that their free wireless signal was weak and unreliable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family