“Outstanding food and service”
Review of Max's Grill

Max's Grill
Ranked #21 of 80 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was traveling on business in the Monterey area and tried Max's Grill. The food and service were excellent. They have a 3-course meal for $25, which includes a starter (I had spinach, blue cheese and walnut salad), a main course (I had the pot roast, which was $2 more and worth the extra) and either a dessert or glass of wine (I had the mango soufflé). Everything was so good. The portions were good size. The server was very good, although it was a Wednesday evening at 5:30 and not very busy. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely visit again who in the area.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Linda B

Napa, California
“A hidden gem on a side street in PG”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

There is cooking and then there is cuisine. Max's is in the cuisine category. The sand dabs
and tempura shrimp was spiced to perfection, so we returned the next night to crab and
salmon wellington and mushroom ravioli .And everything is made from scratch.

So we will return time and time again, on our next trip to Monterey.

Oh did I say, the prices were very minimal compared to other fish prices.

Thank you Yuko and Max.

• Visited February 2014
Merced, California
“nice dinner”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I can for dinner. While seating and actually being greated and asked for a beverage order did seem to take longer than it should, once we got started things went well. Our waiter was pleasant and helpful. I ordered the lamb. My boyfriend ordered thr rib eye. While neither was the best rib eye or lamb we have eaten, it was good. The meat was a little more seasoned that I prefer but it wasn't overpowering. It just overtook the flavor of the meat slightly.The atmosphere is nice, the employees are great. Its a nice restaurant and not badly porced for what you get. They also have a nice wine selection. The restaurant doesn seem to have an asian flare.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Takemeanywhere
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Romantic dinner at family-operated restaurant”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a romantic dinner at a table by the windows at Max's at about 7:30 pm on a Saturday night.We made a reservation by Internet, and Yuko, the co-owner confirmed. It was clearly very popular with most tables already occupied. The soup of the day, mushroom bisque, was outstanding with a generous portion of truffle added to bring out the flavor. We ordered another appetizer, butternut squash ravioli. The pasta was especially delicious, and the sauce was delicate and sweet. We also had the roast pork ribs appetizer. The meat almost fell off the ribs, and it was so soft that we wondered if a pressure cooker had been used. The service was exceptionally pleasant and friendly. We are especially attracted to family-operated restaurant such as this. Max's is very highly recommended for a great dinner.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Staidthere
Deerfield, Illinois
“A Very Nice Birthday Meal in Pacific Grove”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Food was very nice. Tempura Sandabs, Lobster Spring Roll, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Rack of Lamb, and my own wine for a corkage fee and ice cream with raspberry sauce with a candle for desset. Yuko, the wife of the chef, was most pleasent and we talked for quite a while. Not busy on a Sunday night and kind of late for the area. Would go back if in the area again.

Visited November 2013