The good, nice location adjacent to private beach. Easy access to 17 Mile Drive, and Monterrey. Free WiFi in the main lodge. Views of ocean from balcony.
The bad, deteriorating property last updated in 70s. Paper thin walls with no insulation. Old mildewy carpet and general mustiness. Stuff growing in corners of shower. Average mess hall food service with limited menu each morning. No televisions or telephones in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel