I've been there for a conference.
The buildings were designed by a famous architect tied to the 'arts & crafts' movements and still mantain a great charme and are definitely pleasant.
The chapel, we used as the main hall for our conference is lovely.
But I've to say that, despite the very attractive common spaces and halls, rooms were very simple and with a just average confort.
The landscape is truly unique and fascinating, with its special light and colours, very meditative and suggestive.
The restaurant is not bad but nor it is excellent. The name of dishes was fascinating but the actual meal was sometimes a little disappointing.
I've observed something curious regarding beverages... on each table a sheet informed customers they had to ask for water, because that part of California is poor of it and they value it very highly, but on each of those tables there was plenty of pinches full of ice tea... is not ice tea made with water?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel