The grounds are very nice and the lodging and grounds are a 5 minute walk to the beach at Pacific Grove. The rooms are large but plain, the bathrooms could use some updating, and the beds are comfortable, but IMHO there isn't anything spectacular about Asilomar other than the grounds and the location. We had a room with a queen bed and 3 single beds for $180 on a Sunday night. That's a bit on the pricey side if the room is the only thing you're considering; but, again, it's all about the location. Breakfast is not included with the room (a separate adult breakfast is $14). There are outdoor gas fire pits near the rooms, and you can order a s'mores kit to roast marshmellows and make s'mores. Yum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel