Just returned from a family get together at Asilomar over the Spring break. During this time of year they offer a special rate and we paid much less than we have in the past. I chose to stay in one of the historic buildings as I was offered a preference and since it was just my son and I on this trip, I chose to stay in The Lodge right "across the street" from the social hall. For our purposes this was a perfect fit with a downstairs room right off the front parlor with a huge fireplace that was lit all three days we stayed. For first time guests: know that original rooms are RUSTIC. Think glamorous camping. It's original purpose as a refuge by the sea for women is still evident in the wood floors and simple spare accommodations. If you want anything more modern or luxurious ask for the most recently remodeled newer buildings or stay some place else. Asilomar is a beautiful place to stay and perfectly situated for sight seeing or doing nothing at all and best of all it's right on the beach, but it is not fancy. Improvements are happening all the time, new carpets, good wi-fi and cell phone reception everywhere now and they have added the small cafe in the social hall which is perfect for light snacks and delicious coffee. This is a fantastic addition if you are not going to add a meal plan at the dining hall. Parking is still difficult to get close to the building and even wheeled luggage isn't a big help so I recommend a carry all or duffel bag. Warning-the closer you are to the beach, the farther away you are from good parking. Lots of construction is happening right now in preparation for the summer season so beware if you plan on going before then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel