I purchased the Living Social deal and thought this would be a great get away. Check in at the "Social Hall" was awkward and not very friendly. Finding the Social Hall was an experience with all the construction going on. Once checked in we were sent to our assigned room, with parking no where near our room. This is concerning if you are vacationing and have no line of site on your vehicle. The room was obviously an old office from the 70's with orange Formica counters in the bathroom, the "closet" was a pole suspended behind the "vanity", no doors. There was nothing on the wood paneled walls. No dresser, an old desk, one nightstand and wicker headboards stapled to the wall. No outlet anywhere near the alarm clock on the night stand. Breakfast in the dining hall, sealed the science camp experience. Served 7:30-9:00 - no sleeping in here. You are sent through a cafeteria line to grad a pre-filled plate and sent to the back room where you are told to sit with others are until the table is full. There you share the orange juice, coffee pot, and fruit bowl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel