I did not stay this trip, but I did have an unfortunate accident on the grounds. I entered a cramped, inconvenient, unclear 10 minute parking lot next to the cafe and pulled past a row that was full, only to be met by a Do-not-enter sign. As I attempted a three point turn, my attention on a rock wall, I heard a crunch. Posts too low to be observed through my rear view. OKAY, MY MISTAKE, BUT! Why are the posts edged in sharp, thick metal lethal to bumpers??? I was moving slowly and with a wooden post would probably have sustained little or no damage. The metal sliced through the light cover and began slicing through the bumper. This will be an expensive repair. Is this new with Aramark? To me this is a complete disregard for visitors from a place I have found somewhat impersonal and mediocre when I have stayed here before.
I will most likely never stay again, nor recommend it, in spite of its proximity to a beautiful beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel