Our organization, the Centers for Spiritual Living, has been meeting at the Asilomar Conference Grounds for over 50 years. Each summer, I look forward to going there and having a wonderful experience with 800 or so close friends. The grounds themselves, are a nature preserve adjacent to the Pacific Ocean. Over the years, most of the tall pines have died, but new trees are now coming into their own. The accomodations are somewhere between rustic and old-fashioned. Some rooms have fireplaces, and some have ocean views. The food in Crocker Dining Hall is well above-average. It is really about the feeling of the grounds and the beautiful Monterey Penninsula. It is a place to get away - no tv or phones in the rooms. If that is what you are looking for, then Asilomar is a unique choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel