Asilomar, is a jewel on the California coastline. There is not other place I have been to or know of that offers a view of the coast the way it was, before all the development and clear cutting off the trees to make way for hotels and housing. This is the place to stay to escape the 4 star gigantic hotels (unless that is what you are looking for, then this isn't the place). Some of the room here have fireplaces, it's not unusual to leave your room and find a few deer grazing just behind your room. The food is ample, not memorable, but there are many many restaurants not to far a drive is you want fine dining.
Please realize that Asilomar is a conference center, so rooms are limited. It is also just off the coast, so it's a 5 min walk down to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel